What's the consensus for graft security?

Obviously the goal is not to hit your head anywhere but generally, 2 weeks post op, are your grafts pretty much secure at this point and light bumps wouldn't have an impact. I'm being way too careful still since I'm 17 days post op. But still. Better to be safe than sorry but any ideas in this stuff 

9 hours ago, Hairagainn said:

This is very informative, thansk

11 hours ago, TorontoMan said:

image.thumb.png.d7323baf48eb2146a1bfd25d38ea6d44.png

So basically after 2 weeks, bumps shouldn't matter? Obviously the plan is to avoid it but I feel like I'm way too paranoid about bumping my head or something

@Hah6788887,

Ultimately, it’s always best not to hit your head at any point in time whether or not you’ve recently undergone hair transplant surgery or not. Frankly, an extreme hit that involves damage underneath the surface of the scalp could cause damage to even natural hair. But it would take an extreme case for something like this to happen.

As a result, I think it’s safe to assume that any minor to moderate bumps on your head 10 days to two weeks post hair transplant or after won’t impact your hair in one way or another.  Just be careful because damage to your head can result in far worse than damage to newly transplanted hair follicles. The last thing you want to do is cause a concussion or damage to you the skull or worse, your brain.

I hope this helps.

Rahal hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant
  • Haha 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

18 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Grafts are secure after 3 days. 

Are they? 

Seems like clinics have different views in regards to this. 

Some usually go to 14 days while others say 3, not so sure what is right though. 

I presume for FUE takes a bit less to recover from then FUT so that might be part of the reason.

From my understanding though it seems like its general consensous that 14 days should be the "optimal" time patients should be taking care of their heads post-op.

Edited by TheGreatPretender