Anyone use Rogaine on their recipient area

MDM

I believe I remember some time ago a Doctor on here recommending using Rogaine 2% on the recipient site for faster and better growth. Has anyone done this, and has it worked well for you? does it cause any skin peeling or any other affects?

I am today a month away from my 2480 FU HT with Dr Shapiro. Everything went very well, with no swelling at all. I still have maybe 50% of the transplanted hairs. I'll try and post some pictures as things go along. Thanks!

I believe I remember some time ago a Doctor on here recommending using Rogaine 2% on the recipient site for faster and better growth. Has anyone done this, and has it worked well for you? does it cause any skin peeling or any other affects?

I am today a month away from my 2480 FU HT with Dr Shapiro. Everything went very well, with no swelling at all. I still have maybe 50% of the transplanted hairs. I'll try and post some pictures as things go along. Thanks!

I'm 6 weeks post-op with Dr. Shapiro. I also had minimal swelling and have retained about half of the new grafts. I tried Rogaine in the recipient area and it became pink--like being in the sun too long. I aked Matt if I could use it again and he said yes but I am going to try to reach him in the next few days. I used it pre-op and did not have this reaction. If you are interested I will let you know what I find out... you can e-mail me at Pat4dogz@aol.

gone today...hair tomorrow...

gone today...hair tomorrow...

Dr. Feller recommended using minoxidil on the recipient area to accelerate growth. I have been using it for about a month. It's really hard to tell if its helping because you don't have anything to compare it to. There is an interesting article about using minoxidil to stimulate HT growth on the ISHRS website. Dr. Feller has been recommending it to his patients and indicates that it has been sucessful accelerating growth in his patients who have used it.