Hair Thinning After Transplant - Hair Growth Cycles

Since getting my HT about a year and a half ago, I noticed periodically from 1 year onwards sometimes patches of it look a little thinner than the result that I had before. It always made me concerned but the patches always grew back to the previous thickness 1-2 months later and I breathed a sign of relief. In the end I stopped worrying about it and thought it must be because all the hair grew at the same time. I just came across this great video by @Rolandas which explains the phenomenon perfectly and I really think not many people seem aware of it and not many doctors mention it to their patients. Maybe people aren't thinking over 1 year ahead at that point but it's useful to be aware of to avoid worrying over nothing :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I’m about 11 months post HT and this is what I’m experiencing now. My hairline is definitely weaker than it was 3/4 months ago. It sucks. 

Your experience is that the weak area returns to previous thickness again? But I assume a different area would then drop off and get weak - assuming that 20% will always be going through that cycle

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Casenova7 said:

I’m about 11 months post HT and this is what I’m experiencing now. My hairline is definitely weaker than it was 3/4 months ago. It sucks. 

Your experience is that the weak area returns to previous thickness again? But I assume a different area would then drop off and get weak - assuming that 20% will always be going through that cycle

Glad someone found this useful. Yeah try not to worry, it was alarming for a couple of months - but after more time actually everything stabilises out. 

Edited by New_Barnet_Please
  • Thanks 1

I remember reading your thread a year ago! You went traveling or something like that and people were saying you were lucky for never experiencing hair loss 😁

how is everything going now over a year in from it? Any consideration for a 2nd one?

Yeah fantastic thanks, was happy at 12 months (other than the above) - then this hair cycle issue resolved a couple of months later and by 18 months was even better. Not looking at needing a second ht any time soon as got a great result and 2.5mg oral minoxidil seems to have reversed and stopped any other hair loss I had for now 💯

Edited by New_Barnet_Please
  • Like 1