2 months post Op, smelly scalp

Hi all, 

I’m currently 2 months post op (FUE, top and crown) and for the past 3-4 weeks I’ve noticed a strange, slightly foul smell coming from my scalp, something akin to a sweaty locker. 

i shower and wash my hair everyday with hair loss shampoo and conditioner (and once a week nizoral), and take finasteride and minoxidil orally. I also keep good hygiene, wash my pillowcase and sheets weekly. 

the smell is most obvious when I rub my fingers on my scalp and crown, when I wear a hat occasionally, or even when my head around rapidly. The smell goes away for a few hours after shampooing but always returns.

my transplanted area is still pink-ish red, sensitive to hot water, and my donor area is still experiencing discoloration. but there is no smell here when I touch these areas compared to my top and crown.

There was another post from many years ago about someone with a similar experience. I have reached out to my doctor’s clinic, but I thought I’d ask the community in case anyone else has had this experience? 

much appreciated!!

• Administrators

Can you share pictures? Maybe you have folliculitis. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

To add to the photos, whenever I rub my scalp I can always feels slight bumps on my scalp that I’m able to lightly pick off (or fall naturally) and a few hairs will be attached to them when they fall. I THINK this is normal?

I will make an appointment with my dermatologist tomorrow