Scalp Laxity Exercise Questions

Hey guys, I'm having a HT this coming January. I have a few questions, I've researched some but I've gotten mixed feedback. How long before the HT procedure should you begin the scalp laxity exercises? How hard should I be pushing while performing these exercises? Thanks in advance...

Assuming that this is your first strip surgery then the best advice is that you should be starting a couple of months before and doing a few minutes every day. Don't freak out if you miss a day but the biggest benefits come with doing it regularly (like a lot of exercises).

Jotronic has a video about this which illustrates how to do it. The main thing is that you can feel the scalp moving.

If you've had a strip surgery before you should wait at least 6 months (I found I needed 10). When you start make sure you aren't stretching the old scar.

If you're going for FUE then my understanding is that you don't need to do the exercises.

Scalp exercises mean that

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> more grafts can be extracted or, <LI> the same number of grafts can be extracted and the scar closed with less tension.

Option 2 gives a better chance for the scar healing as thin as possible. Often in practice the result will be a combination of the 2.

I did about 3 months of exercises starting in July and had my procedure Oct. 12th. During my consult, my laxity was gauged as "tight". I decided to do Jotronics scalp exercises but did them an average of 1 hour per day instead of 30 minutes. Sometimes I did up to 2 hours per day.

The end result was my laxity went from tight to very loose. Although the amount I was doing may have been overkill.

I didn't apply a huge amount of pressure while doing the exercises. But enough to move the underlying tissue up and down. But it's definitely more pressure than doing a light massage.