Will Surgeons be Able to Transplant

Anyone with knowledge or have experience with the same type of hair. Will surgeons be able to safely transplant in between these native hairs? I don't know if these short hairs are (in the first picture) minitiurized or vellus hair (is there a difference?) but they don't grow long. 

20221221_070806.jpg

20221221_070749.jpg

20221221_070548.jpg

20221221_071025.jpg

IMHO, there is plenty of room to safely graft between any of the hair you have shown in pics…and yes there is a huge difference between vellus and miniaturized hair, the latter is native hair that is DHT receptive and is progressively losing hair shaft diameter over a period of time.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

27 minutes ago, gillenator said:

IMHO, there is plenty of room to safely graft between any of the hair you have shown in pics…and yes there is a huge difference between vellus and miniaturized hair, the latter is native hair that is DHT receptive and is progressively losing hair shaft diameter over a period of time.

How do you differentiate them from vellus hairs?

Vellus hair is usually very fine in caliber and very short in length…miniaturized hair has varying degrees of caliber and also can grow to much longer lengths…the best way to compare miniaturized hair is under magnification to determine degrees of miniaturization.

• Thanks 1

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

I’ve had miniaturized hair that was 3-4 inches in length in my frontal zone…and some still there.

Gillenator

Oh yes, I started cutting Proscar pills shortly before Propecia was developed and approved by the FDA…this was back in 1997 when my PCP provided me a script for Proscar.

I also have used minoxidil for many years in the crown but no longer use it.

Gillenator