Hair Transplant booked - Last minute questions/advice needed

Hi all,

I've booked with Dr Gur (Fuecapilar clinic), early next week (first week of Jan 2023). 

I've got my euros in cold hard cash to avoid fees of card payment, and have booked checked in luggage on the way back to bring the post op care products with me. Additionally I am staying away from alcohol for 7 days.

Is there anything else I am missing? I also do have a few questions below -

1) Neck Pillow/Button shirts/Zip jumpers - Will take these, but any other useful things to take with me?

2) Saline spray - How necessary is this. Heard some people didn't receive with Dr Gur/Fuecapilar, but I'm yet to be provided aftercare instructions etc.

3) Vitamins post transplant? eg Vitamin C and Biotin, and how much of each, any others?

4) Fibres/Hairspray - When can I resume toppik fibres/hairspray post transplant? Also which hairspray is recommended?

5) Hairdryer - When can you resume using heat on hair or best to use cold air?

6) Minoxidil - When is it safe to resume?

7) Gym/Sex - Safe to resume after 2 weeks?

8( Alcohol after 2 weeks ok?

9) Shock loss/shedding phase - is it existing hairs too or just transplanted hairs

Thanks team :)

Edited by Naynay24
one more point

Hi there, all these questions your need to ask your surgeon, not strangers online. Some doctors have different instructions and they may be due to specific ways they practice or medications they give you so it's crucial to get your information from them.

I can say shock loss refers to native hairs, there is always a risk but how high that is depends on a number of things. The shedding phase refers to the transplanted hair and this will virtually always occur.

Edited by BurnieBurns
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BurnieBurns said:

Hi there, all these questions your need to ask your surgeon, not strangers online. Some doctors have different instructions and they may be due to specific ways they practice or medications they give you so it's crucial to get your information from them

Absolutely 👍🏿 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Naynay,

I'm going to Dr Gur in March.  Did you learn anything about vitamins?  I've read that D is a good anti-inflammatory and I'm concerned about swelling.

I'm going to stay 4 days post-op before flying home, so I'll be flying during the swelling phase.  Did Dr. Gur give you (or the option of) a steroid (like prednisone) to deal with the swelling?

Also, do know his feelings on irregularities in the hairline?  It looks like that is the trend for a more natural look.

Any other advice?

Thanks,

Aaron