Where does your favourite doctors shine?

Just curious to know what everyone believes their favourite doctors “sweet spots” are. I’ll put a few of mine below. Would also wonder how each person recommends a doctor for a specific person. When I see a Blonde Norwood 3 I would recommend Bisanga because I like his hairline work and he has good success on blonde guys. Wondering what’s faces you guys would put on specific hypothetical cases.

Sethi - Complicated repair surgeries and High Norwood’s with the greatest beards. Also like his work on temple reconstruction

Konior - Amazing graft mileage with smaller surgeries. Also a amazing repair surgeon

Wong - Amazing at repairs with mega sessions

Pitella - Massive FUE sessions on High Norwood’s and great Norwood 7 recoveries over two mega sessions

Edited by mister_25
Few more examples
  • Like 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

24 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

Just curious to know what everyone believes their favourite doctors “sweet spots” are. I’ll put a few of mine below. Would also wonder how each person recommends a doctor for a specific person. When I see a Blonde Norwood 3 I would recommend Bisanga because I like his hairline work and he has good success on blonde guys. Wondering what’s faces you guys would put on specific hypothetical cases.

Sethi - Complicated repair surgeries and High Norwood’s with the greatest beards. Also like his work on temple reconstruction

Konior - Amazing graft mileage with smaller surgeries

Pitella - Massive FUE sessions on High Norwood’s and great Norwood 7 recoveries over two mega sessions

great topic 👏🏻👏🏻 
Couto - Temple work 🔥🔥🔥

which doctor has the best density hairlines do we think? 

8 minutes ago, Big Rome said:

great topic 👏🏻👏🏻 
Couto - Temple work 🔥🔥🔥

which doctor has the best density hairlines do we think? 

Hasson is known for dense packing and I’ve been impressed at the densities he does in a single pass, although he gets criticised for the graft usage I believe the results speak for themselves.

I also notice that Couto gets higher density frontal thirds by having higher triple graft counts than other surgeons, might be a product of where he operates (Spain) or it might be something he himself actively looks for.

Freitas has impressed me when it comes to two surgeries, one to rebuild and the other to touch up for further density.

Edited by mister_25
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

Hasson is known for dense packing and I’ve been impressed at the densities he does in a single pass, although he gets criticised for the graft usage I believe the results speak for themselves.

I also notice that Couto gets higher density frontal thirds by having higher triple graft counts than other surgeons, might be a product of where he operates (Spain) or it might be something he himself actively looks for.

Freitas has impressed me when it comes to two surgeries, one to rebuild and the other to touch up for further density.

Who impresses you for high nw blonde white Guy?

1 minute ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Interesting. The thing that sucks is they seem very good I’m fut but not big in fue. And fut is so dependent on scarring ability and long hair. Do you think they get the most out of grafts like a Zarev? More grafts than normal type ordeal.

I think they are good at fue too. I think the approach they have is sort of that small procedures can go fue but large they do fut - unless patient is amazing fue candidate cause of very dense donor, thick hair etc. But their cutoff point is more or less 4000 grafts - from what I have seen.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Interesting. The thing that sucks is they seem very good I’m fut but not big in fue. And fut is so dependent on scarring ability and long hair. Do you think they get the most out of grafts like a Zarev? More grafts than normal type ordeal.

Eugenix is great too, obviously great with beards. Good with temples and natural hairlines. Sometimes I think they go a bit overboard with their high norwood transformation attempts in very desperate cases. I think sometimes it is better to say no.

Pitellas IG results are absolutely amazing. No doubt he is a great surgeon. I just dont get how he gets these super high fue numbers in one surgery (6000+) and no one seems to question how. Would be interesting to know how he sees the 'safe zone'. 

Edited by davidn
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, davidn said:

Eugenix is great too, obviously great with beards. Good with temples and natural hairlines. Sometimes I think they go a bit overboard with their high norwood transformation attempts in very desperate cases. I think sometimes it is better to say no.

Pitellas IG results are absolutely amazing. No doubt he is a great surgeon. I just dont get how he gets these super high fue numbers in one surgery (6000+) and no one seems to question how. Would be interesting to know how he sees the 'safe zone'. 

Oh so you think Pittella is getting hair from out of safe zone? Pittella cases are some of the best in the world the only thing is on lower Norwood cases will those patients still have grafts available? I’ve seen Norwood 4s use 6200 grafts. If they go Norwood 5-6 will they even have another 1000 to get? Maybe he is like Zarev and they just understand how to get the most out of the scalp

Just now, JoDimaggio22 said:

Oh so you think Pittella is getting hair from out of safe zone? Pittella cases are some of the best in the world the only thing is on lower Norwood cases will those patients still have grafts available? I’ve seen Norwood 4s use 6200 grafts. If they go Norwood 5-6 will they even have another 1000 to get? Maybe he is like Zarev and they just understand how to get the most out of the scalp

Safe zone is complicated I guess.. a nw 2 who will stay nw 2 can take hairs very high in the donor etc.. yes I totally agree. He gets very high numbers and would like to know how..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davidn said:

Safe zone is complicated I guess.. a nw 2 who will stay nw 2 can take hairs very high in the donor etc.. yes I totally agree. He gets very high numbers and would like to know how..

I agree 100%. Him and Zarev seem to have that ability. The difference is Zarev is a more mysterious doctor in a way in which not much is out there on him. I’ve spoken to Dr Pittella and he is one of the nicest/humblest/ethical doctors I’ve ever spoken too. I didn’t ask him how he does it but for how often he is on this site and on social media showing techniques, etc I have a feeling he is doing it the right way. But thanks for bringing up Hattingen. I’m researching them more now and wow. They seem to be one of the best. I just don’t like fut so that doesn’t worry me how fue is for them

Edited by JoDimaggio22
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HappyMan2021 said:

For repairs I'd say Bisagna, Mwamba, Cooley, and Feriduni are the gold standard. 

I'm sure Konior, Wong, and all the elite docs can do repairs as well, but the above docs truly specialize in them and have specifically made a name for themselves for repairs. 

I’ve really liked Cooley and Feriduni repairs in particular, 1000% agree that those two are gold standard. Overall the best repair I’ve seen has come from Wong or Sethi, probably because they were both mega sessions 5000+ grafts which made a massive difference overall compared to less dramatic pluggy hairline fixes

Feel like we appreciate the zero to hero transplants much more than NW2 to NW1.

14 hours ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Who in everyone’s personal opinion is the best on cases where the patient is nw3 but could go to nw5 range? I guess like best at getting the most out of the scalp for down the line need for more grafts?

I picked Dr Hasson for this very reason. I really liked his results on his website from people in the Norwood 3 range to Norwood 5 and also results I could find on this forum who happened to have similar levels of Loss as me. I was about a Norwood 4/5 before I started on medication and when I recovered a lot of people said I recovered to a Norwood 3V. He also said during my plan that he would like to be conservative to plan for future loss (6/7). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mister_25 said:

I picked Dr Hasson for this very reason. I really liked his results on his website from people in the Norwood 3 range to Norwood 5 and also results I could find on this forum who happened to have similar levels of Loss as me. I was about a Norwood 4/5 before I started on medication and when I recovered a lot of people said I recovered to a Norwood 3V. He also said during my plan that he would like to be conservative to plan for future loss (6/7). 

But hasn’t both wong and Hasson kind of focused on other things? Is the quality still the same from them?

On 12/26/2022 at 3:22 AM, JoDimaggio22 said:

But hasn’t both wong and Hasson kind of focused on other things? Is the quality still the same from them?

I would say that the quality of Hassons work is still the same from my experience and observations. Although there have been recent criticisms such as Nordster34’s case where I personally believed that he dropped the ball on the standards you would expect from a elite surgeon with his reputation. And other cases where he uses more grafts in smaller areas that people believe to be a waste, such as the users Scream and ablurker. I personally believe that those criticisms don’t mean much when the goal is to achieve higher density in a single pass in the first place.

I don’t see many Wong cases as much anymore, he used to have a strong reputation for his crown work but I think other doctors have closed that gap. I have been impressed with his repairs.

• Like 1