Doctor carrying out entire procedure - UK

Hi, I have received a competitive quote in the UK for 1200-1500 grafts for £4500 with the Dr carrying out the whole procedure ie no technicians. I’m aware that I could get 2-2500 grafts for slightly less than this price somewhere abroad but my preference is to be home on the day of the operation.

I think what is proposed by the UK clinic will give me a conservative and sufficiently dense hairline that can be styled, although clearly there will not be enough grafts to fully fill in the temples. I  don’t mind having some recession as I think that goes towards keeping a natural look.

I just want to check if people agree that 1200-1500 grafts is enough for a dense hairline that can be styled? I think that with this number of grafts it will have be conservative to be dense but do people think it would still make a significant difference to the receding areas?

I am torn because I want a natural look but of course I want the temples filled to a reasonable extent and I hope that can be achieved with the number of grafts that are proposed. I wonder if people think the lack of technicians is a negative because it means less grafts are possible or do you think what has been proposed is ideal for me to maintain a natural look but also to make a reasonable improvement to the hairline recession?

Thanks for any advice.

Edited by RecedingSebs

Thanks for your reply. What do you mean by “address”? I am content to still have a receding hairline, just not nearly as severe so if you think that’s possible with the number grafts that have been suggested then I will be content (appreciate others may be different).

It’s Seneca, I have seen good before and after photos by the 3 doctors who work at the clinic. All quite conservative but I like the work.

To clarify it’s going to take more than that amount of grafts imo, clinic based pics are not the best to be judging the overall quality of a place. 
The Uk options are limited and better Drs can be sought by travelling to Europe. However the only ones I would suggest are Dr Reddy, Dr Ball, Dr Farjo and perhaps Dr Manish Mittal. You need to be seeing actual patient posted journeys, like you can find here, all clinics will show what they consider to be the best, it’s organic reviews (and lots of them) you need to be seeing, and ensure you have the actual Drs name.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RecedingSebs said:

I am content to still have a receding hairline, just not nearly as severe

once you have your first hair transplant and witness the magic, I think you will get 'hair greed' and not be satisfied until you are a NW1 again.

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 1

I'd evaluate how important it is to be home the day of the surgery, at 1500 grafts that's not a lot. say 750 each side. I'm also not sure even conservative that would allow for a nice transition into the sides and have dense needs met.

I just saw a person with a similar recession in a Dr. Bicer thread, they had 3370k grafts and in imagining a more conservative version of that I'd still put you at  like 2000 or 2500.

I'd research more and make sure that 4500 is money well spent and listen it very well may be with this doc you're considering, just laying out concerns here for you to think about.

Additionally the thing about techs is they can be amazing, so obviously you want Dr involvement but techs are definitely capable at the right clinics... you really want to evaluate the whole operation and track record of results. Something to keep in mind if you start looking past this particular doc.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RecedingSebs said:

Hi, I have received a competitive quote in the UK for 1200-1500 grafts for £4500 with the Dr carrying out the whole procedure ie no technicians. I’m aware that I could get 2-2500 grafts for slightly less than this price somewhere abroad but my preference is to be home on the day of the operation.

I think what is proposed by the UK clinic will give me a conservative and sufficiently dense hairline that can be styled, although clearly there will not be enough grafts to fully fill in the temples. I  don’t mind having some recession as I think that goes towards keeping a natural look.

I just want to check if people agree that 1200-1500 grafts is enough for a dense hairline that can be styled? I think that with this number of grafts it will have be conservative to be dense but do people think it would still make a significant difference to the receding areas?

I am torn because I want a natural look but of course I want the temples filled to a reasonable extent and I hope that can be achieved with the number of grafts that are proposed. I wonder if people think the lack of technicians is a negative because it means less grafts are possible or do you think what has been proposed is ideal for me to maintain a natural look but also to make a reasonable improvement to the hairline recession?

Thanks for any advice.

who is the DR? 

I echo the others that say more grafts.

Assuming the procedure is a success you will look at your now partially receded hairline and wish it was less receded and start thinking of a new HT. On the plus side if it is a poor result then you have not wasted too many grafts.

You need to see multiple organic independent patient results by the doctor that mirrors the outcome you desire. Anything less is a lottery.

5 hours ago, RecedingSebs said:

Update - Bicer is saying only 1500 to 2000.

Did you send the clinic photos?

How can you expect anyone on the net to provide you any a realistic appraisal without photos?

Put some photos up with your desired hairline drawn on and you'll get some meaningful responses.