Thoughts on Ilhan Serdaroglu, he wants wants over card. Should I be worried?

I've looked at plenty of option now and he gives off the right vibes. He is part of the IHRS, speaks well and always happy be on a call. He does the procedure himself and only does one a day. He's very fairly priced around 2000 Euros. He has over 15 years of experience. I've not seen any bad reviews about this guy but also nothing amazing about it.

He does take card payment but he seems to be encouraging me to pay by cash. That's my only red flag I have.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Association with ISHRS doesn’t in anyway mean the Dr or Clinic is going to give you a decent result. Try and find any actual patient results that have been posted here or elsewhere that you can actually see are genuine postings. Why don’t you choose someone that you can see many results? Research is key as always. Not seeing any bad reviews at all is a red flag, all Drs have them regardless. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pbaird98 said:

Association with ISHRS doesn’t in anyway mean the Dr or Clinic is going to give you a decent result. Try and find any actual patient results that have been posted here or elsewhere that you can actually see are genuine postings. Why don’t you choose someone that you can see many results? Research is key as always. Not seeing any bad reviews at all is a red flag, all Drs have them regardless. 

He does have reviews, people have used him and no one has said anything negative about him from what I can see

• Face Palm 1

Your only insurance when choosing a doctor is a real person, that documents his proccedure and results with a doctor. This is the main value of this forum when we choose most doctors.

IHRS, online reviews, or anything else, guarantees absolutely nothing. Of course this is purely a risk/reward situation. You pay much less than most of us, but it's riskier choice. Only you can know if the risk/reward ratio is good for you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stranger91 said:

He does have reviews, people have used him and no one has said anything negative about him from what I can see

Patient posted reviews? That you can actually see the results from start to finish? What made you look at him in particular? How much involvement does he have in the procedure, as mentioned above it’s a risk. 

9 hours ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

Looks like you are in for one of those nice Russian Roullete transplants 😄

My only advice is...try to think if something that you will do once or twice in your life is worth adding risk in exchange for less money paid 

How do I find one that is not a Russian roulette type? I've got around 10 different quotes and they all seem like this.

2 minutes ago, Stranger91 said:

How do I find one that is not a Russian roulette type? I've got around 10 different quotes and they all seem like this.

Try someone like Dr Turan/Dr Gur - Fuecapilar, they are doing good work and you can find decent results here. Who were the others you have got quotes from?

Im not too familiar with the lower budget ones sorry. I always guide myself by real user reviews on this or other forums. If I see more than 2 bad results I consider it risky. Good doctors have like >95% satisfaction rate.

Edited by WhereIsMyMind

3 hours ago, Stranger91 said:

Thanks for the suggestions. I've got many quotes from the likes of Longevita, Vera Clinic, AEK amongst others.

I've pretty much emailed most if the Istanbul based doctors on the IHRS website. Kaan Akso, Dogan Berkay are others.

All low end of hair mills, shows that the IHRS is not the place to rely on, The better/only options in Turkey remain Dr Pekiner, Dr Keser, Dr Turan/Gur of Fuecapilir. Some others might consider Dr Yaman or Dr Demirsoy, personally though i would look as many results for all… 

2 hours ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

Im not too familiar with the lower budget ones sorry. I always guide myself by real user reviews on this or other forums. If I see more than 2 bad results I consider it risky. Good doctors have like >95% satisfaction rate.

Please can you point towards some of these doctors?

Well, they resonate in this forum a lot but here I go, these are drs with consistent results, where 95% of cases people post a happy story and very little dissapointed ones.

EU: Couto, Freitas, Bisanga, Mwamba, Ferreira, dr Vila, Pinto ... and more
US: Dr Konior and H&W
India: Eugenix (famous for their high norwood restorations)

• 1 year later...

Ilhan is great, and I had to use a card in the end because though I was told there were American banks in Turkey, there was not.  So I provided the little bit of cash I had with me, and paid the rest with an international VISA card.  He was very understanding, honest and above board. And I received excellent results--and I am responding 10 months later. And note my age. Here is an email I recently sent to Ilhan:

I tell my wife, as far as I'm concerned, it's one of the best decisions I've made. In her birthday card to me this year, she wrote, 
"Congratulations on your 75th birthday, you who looks younger this year than last!"