PRP Treatments After HT ?

Good Day Again Community,

I was curious about PRP treatments after a HT. Initially after the HT (2 days after) I had 2 or 3 PRP treatments. Now I'm on 3 months, and was wondering if doing another PRP treatment would help as the hairs would start to grow out at this timeline and probably a next in3-6 months again. Based on your experience, what you folks think and advised ?

@Daryl,

Your hair transplant will grow whether or not you undergo placement rich plasma. Whether or not PRP will speed up transplanted hair growth is anecdotal at best.  That said, what it may do is optimize your overall your scalp’s health to promote healthy hair growth. Some feel that it may even have marginal benefits in slowing down the effects of male pattern baldness.  But don’t expect PRP to be some miracle treatment that’s going to make your hair transplant grow faster or better.  Selecting an outstanding surgeon and time is really the only way to ensure this.

I hope this helps  

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 2

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

PRP is an acronym for “Platelet” Rich Plasma.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY