Minoxidil and Finastride post HT

Check baldcafe’s latest video on YouTube for what can potentially happen to your transplanted hair if you don’t take fin post HT noting he was younger and when to a mill. you’re 47 and granted your hair loss pattern was established, you should be fine. Good luck! 

• Like 1

@KingTekken,

Finasteride and minoxidil are great at slowing down and even potentially stopping the ongoing affects of male pattern baldness. However, they do nothing to affect transplanted hair growth. Therefore, anybody who gets a hair transplant without using these medication‘s will still have the same result as those who do. The only difference is, if the individual getting a hair transplant is still losing natural hair and isn’t using any nonsurgical medication, his result will seek more sparse due to natural hair loss around the transplanted hair.

So be sure to speak with any surgeon you are considering as to whether or not nonsurgical solutions are something that you would benefit from.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 3

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Fin side effects, I get it spooky to read. Years ago when I asked my doc... he said yep it works and it's by and large benign to side effects. I said what about x y and z Ive read about he said unlikely but stop if you experience any of that here start at 1mg daily. Been fine. Haven't had any experience with minox

• Like 2

10 hours ago, baldbandito said:

Check baldcafe’s latest video on YouTube for what can potentially happen to your transplanted hair if you don’t take fin post HT noting he was younger and when to a mill. you’re 47 and granted your hair loss pattern was established, you should be fine. Good luck! 

how old was he

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

49 minutes ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

how old was he

Late 20s I would say. Diffuse thinner. Found out about HTs on Instagram- sigh. Didn’t start taking fin until after the HT - had sides so stopped and severely thinned out over the next 2 years. I’ve seen it time and time again on reddit- a young person posts a seemingly good result after 9 months and comments how they don’t take Fin and how it’s not necessary bcus the hairs are non DHT resistant blah blah and everyone in the comments praises them. Then they end up here 3 years later seeking advice after thinning or losing hair behind the transplanted zone. It’s a dangerous cycle. When approaching hair restoration you have to be prepared to plan for the future and play the long game especially if you are young. 

1 minute ago, baldbandito said:

Late 20s I would say. Diffuse thinner. Found out about HTs on Instagram- sigh. Didn’t start taking fin until after the HT - had sides so stopped and severely thinned out over the next 2 years. I’ve seen it time and time again on reddit- a young person posts a seemingly good result after 9 months and comments how they don’t take Fin and how it’s not necessary bcus the hairs are non DHT resistant blah blah and everyone in the comments praises them. Then they end up here 3 years later seeking advice after thinning or losing hair behind the transplanted zone. It’s a dangerous cycle. When approaching hair restoration you have to be prepared to plan for the future and play the long game especially if you are young. 

What if ur 36 like me lmao

csn I do rogaine and take fin after 2 years since I’m planning a kid :(

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

15 hours ago, baldbandito said:

Thank you for your time. I saw it and it got me spooked and that's why I came here to ask to see. To be honest at my age I never got the HT to grow long hair. I'm happy with a low cut ceaser number 1.

3 hours ago, baldbandito said:

Thank you for your time. Yes I'm 47 and I think I read on the minoxidil to not use it if you're over 48 or something. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@KingTekken,

Finasteride and minoxidil are great at slowing down and even potentially stopping the ongoing affects of male pattern baldness. However, they do nothing to affect transplanted hair growth. Therefore, anybody who gets a hair transplant without using these medication‘s will still have the same result as those who do. The only difference is, if the individual getting a hair transplant is still losing natural hair and isn’t using any nonsurgical medication, his result will seek more sparse due to natural hair loss around the transplanted hair.

So be sure to speak with any surgeon you are considering as to whether or not nonsurgical solutions are something that you would benefit from.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Thank you for your time. 

5 hours ago, ray35 said:

Fin side effects, I get it spooky to read. Years ago when I asked my doc... he said yep it works and it's by and large benign to side effects. I said what about x y and z Ive read about he said unlikely but stop if you experience any of that here start at 1mg daily. Been fine. Haven't had any experience with minox

Thank you for your time

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@KingTekken,

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant 

What are your thoughts on prp or capillus hats? I take fin daily but feel I’m not doing enough and should look into both of those options.