FUE and Strip Scar Closure

Hello there,

I had a some questions on FUE and strip scar closure

1. Is it common for someone to have a normal FUE surgery for their hairline and an FUE into an old strip scar as part of the same procedure?
  2. If yes, would the extraction process for the grafts required for the strip scar be any different than the one required for just the hairline?
  3. Are there known estimates on how many grafts would an FUE into strip require?

BaldEagle

@BaldEagle,

Yes, you can undergo FUE hair transplant surgery to re-create a new hairline, add density and repair an old strips are all in the same procedure. How many grafts are required will depend on a number of factors.  Now, while everything can be accomplished in a single procedure, there’s only so much that can be harvested in a single procedure and that number will vary depending on the patient. Now, if you only require a small number of follicular units in order to re-create the hairline and the top of the scalp as a whole, you’ll likely have enough in a single procedure to repair the scar as well. However, if the top of your scalp requires a large number of grafts, you may not be able to repair the scar in the same procedure.

if you’d like more educated opinions and guesses as to what you require, I suggest posting photos. If you would like a formal one on one information session with Dr. Rahal, feel free to send me a private message and I’ll be happy to sets this up for you. 

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.