Need urgent advice and help, possible case of folliculitis.

I had my hair transplant two weeks ago and everything was going well up until two days ago when I started experiencing itching in my donor area. upon further inspection I discovered several red spots and a single pus filled spot. I need advice on what to do and how to tackle this situation, I suspect it is folliculitis but I am open to hearing alternate theories on what it may be. I am very worried about how this could impact my donor area and my overall health. I will attach photos as well. currently, I am using only sebamed shampoo everyday on my donor and recipient area. 

Thank you

IMG_0756.PNG

IMG_0755.PNG

IMG_0754.PNG

IMG_0753.PNG

IMG_0752.PNG

IMG_0751.PNG

I see nothing wrong to be completely honest.  

It's expected that the donor area will be itchy, often-times extremely itchy, this is normal. 

Pimples, redness, etc are likely your donor area repairing itself. You just had a very invasive surgery in this region! Again, very normal. 

If you are still concerned I would ask your surgeon about it

I don’t think you have any issues. I think that looks very normal and perhaps the itching has caused the dermis to get swollen and infected from an in grown hair. Usually it resolves itself. 

but if you live in the states I know you can go to a derm, primary care, etc. get some antibiotics for a prescription for 3-10 days and take them just to be on the safe side (if it makes you feel more reassured aka peace of mind). The cost of the medication will probably range from $0-30 depending on your area/coverage. 

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

3 minutes ago, fuelish said:

@Vann Thank you so much for responding. Are pus filled spots also normal? 

I’m not a medical expert.

but pus usually occurs from a site of infection because it’s your body’s response to inflammation and fighting bacteria. So it’s usually a good sign of healing. I think it looks normal, and personally I would just wait and see. If you believe it to be abnormal. Taking antibiotics or seeing a doctor wouldnt hurt. The antibiotics would just give you an upset stomach for a couple days but at the end of the day it’s better safe than sorry. 

just to state I am no medical expert.

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022