after 1st wash- 7 days..

Can I resume regular showers as in full body with no shower cap?

Also, sports can be resumed? Volleyball, american football (tackle) + basketball?

I can finally touch my head, light scratch if it itches?

I know for weight lifting, I should ease into it.

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

I'd play it safe for 11 days. I'd still wash carefully, I'd resist touching and hold off on sports. maybe some light cardio or getting out and walking some. Best to be safe for long haul... it's only a few more days. But I'm extra cautious when it comes to this. 

Balding Eagle,

Every doctor has their own set of postoperative instructions so I do encourage you to check with your doctor / clinic for their official answer.  That said, at one week post-op your newly transplanted grafts are securely rooted and as a result, it’s safe to take regular showers.  That said, if you still have scabs, you can work them off gently in the shower by massaging your scalp with your fingertips in circular motions. Just don’t use your nails.  

Note also that it may take a couple of days to gently work off the scabs. 

In regards to resuming regular exercise, jyst use logic and common sense.  Don’t do any exercises that cause any pain or discomfort.  Most cardio is fine just be cautious if contact sports and heavy lifting.

And if you are going to itch your scalp, I suggest using your fingertips and not your nails.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant
  • Like 3

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

2 hours ago, general-etwan said:

As long as everything has gone flawless thus far, and all scabs have come off...you're good to resume full activity with fitness and normal daily activity.

just waiting for all scabs to come off haha. 

after first wash, which was today I would say about 30-40% came off

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022