Dr. Kalamaris - Chicago based doctor

I know that one of the doctors the Goz, who used to be a sales consultant for Robert Thomas, is contracting out to is a Dr. Kalamaris.

Basically the Goz and Phyicans Cosmetic and Hair Institute (which is located in the same Rosement location as past 'great' (-wink-) Cleveland/PHTI/RTMA doctors Pwig, Thomas, Panine, McVaugh, etc.) doesn't have its own ht doctors.

It contracts out business to other ht doctors who have their own independent practice.

One of these doctors is Dr Kalamaris.

Please go to this site to see info on Dr. Kalamaris.

http://www.locateadoc.com/doct...1501-orlandpark.html

Please note in the right hand column, all of the different cosmetic procedures this doctor performs. Notice most importantly, the procedures highlighted in bold are the procedures he does most frequently. Please note hair transplatation is not one of these procedures.

There are a lot of great ht docs with cosmetic/plastic surgery backgrounds. In fact, I really would only trust a ht doctor with either a cosmetic/plastic surgery and/or dermatology background. Doctors who come from other backgrounds often only get into the ht business because it is easy money. If a doctor is say a family doctor or an ER doctor than you have to wonder why did he suddendly get into the ht business.

But when your main emphasis is not even ht's but a whole bunch of other procedures, then I believe it is huge mistake to let that doctor do ht work on you.

Perhaps that is why Dr. Kalamaris is using PCHI to contract out his ht work. Perhaps because his patients who visit him directly in his Orland Park office, are aware that he is mainly a cosmetic/plastic surgery doctor.

But since in 2008, ht's are by far the most requested and popular cosmetic procedure for men, this doctor wants to move more into the more lucrative ht business. Patients who go to PCHI for a consultation and are sold an ht procedure to done by Dr. Kalamaris, are unaware of his background. Thus this the motivation behind his 'relationship' with PCHI.

HT's ruined my life (thanks Robert Thomas - hopefully you are now rotting in hell)

I know that one of the doctors the Goz, who used to be a sales consultant for Robert Thomas, is contracting out to is a Dr. Kalamaris.

Basically the Goz and Phyicans Cosmetic and Hair Institute (which is located in the same Rosement location as past 'great' (-wink-) Cleveland/PHTI/RTMA doctors Pwig, Thomas, Panine, McVaugh, etc.) doesn't have its own ht doctors.

It contracts out business to other ht doctors who have their own independent practice.

One of these doctors is Dr Kalamaris.

Please go to this site to see info on Dr. Kalamaris.

http://www.locateadoc.com/doct...1501-orlandpark.html

Please note in the right hand column, all of the different cosmetic procedures this doctor performs. Notice most importantly, the procedures highlighted in bold are the procedures he does most frequently. Please note hair transplatation is not one of these procedures.

There are a lot of great ht docs with cosmetic/plastic surgery backgrounds. In fact, I really would only trust a ht doctor with either a cosmetic/plastic surgery and/or dermatology background. Doctors who come from other backgrounds often only get into the ht business because it is easy money. If a doctor is say a family doctor or an ER doctor than you have to wonder why did he suddendly get into the ht business.

But when your main emphasis is not even ht's but a whole bunch of other procedures, then I believe it is huge mistake to let that doctor do ht work on you.

Perhaps that is why Dr. Kalamaris is using PCHI to contract out his ht work. Perhaps because his patients who visit him directly in his Orland Park office, are aware that he is mainly a cosmetic/plastic surgery doctor.

But since in 2008, ht's are by far the most requested and popular cosmetic procedure for men, this doctor wants to move more into the more lucrative ht business. Patients who go to PCHI for a consultation and are sold an ht procedure to done by Dr. Kalamaris, are unaware of his background. Thus this the motivation behind his 'relationship' with PCHI.

HT's ruined my life (thanks Robert Thomas - hopefully you are now rotting in hell)

There are a lot of great ht docs with cosmetic/plastic surgery backgrounds. In fact, I really would only trust a ht doctor with either a cosmetic/plastic surgery and/or dermatology background. Doctors who come from other backgrounds often only get into the ht business because it is easy money

I completely disagree with you. Your criteria has no basic on whether a doctor is going to be a good transplant doctor or not. Although these fields seems to be connected it doesn't neccessarily mean that they will be able to offer a good transplant or not.

I personally would tell people to stay away from doctors that aren't hair transplant exculsive. There is a world famous dermatolgist in Vancouver that also offers hair transplants. The results that I have seem from him are subpar at best. This is my opinion but I believe that he is aware that H&W are amongst the world leaders in hair transplantation. Even being aware of this wouldn't you think if you went to see a dermatologist he would recommend you to the best hair transplant doctor? This is not the case because of $$$$$$$$$$.

If a doctor is good he will be busy. That is why I question any doctor that needs a private referal business to boost his business. This is only my opinion.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

lorenzo,

I think actually we kind of agree.

I was actually making your point (maybe not well - lol) that doctors who are doing a whole bunch of other cosmetic procedures are not the doctors you want to go to for a ht procedure.

I think my reference to a cosmetic plastic surgery background is more in reference to ht doc's educational and residence background as I don't think there really isn't one dedicated soley hair transplants.

I think the point I am making can also apply to doctors who are doing cosmetic/plastic surgery procedures other than hair transplants. I would be scared of a doctor who is doing this procedure who did not come from a costmetic/plastic surgery and/or dermatogoly backgroud (ie, a family doctor all of sudden doing lipo - because he can make easy $)

There are exceptions to this rule. But I would be leary of say a doctor who originally was an gyncologist doing ht's or cosmetic procedures (though some might make this transition well).

So actually, I think you and I agree.

• 2 weeks later...

Bill, you are the one who moved my posting into 'Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews'. I didn't post in this area, because like you said, I haven't had surgery with him.

But you felt it belonged in this forum and thus moved it here, which is fine.

I live in the Chicago area, so I am interested in our area doctors more than others.

I think the points I made about Dr Kalamris and his relationship with the former sales consulatant (the Goz) at Robert Thomas, makes why i made this post pretty self evident.

Bill, why do you have an attitude of not wanting information, whether experienced first hand or discovered, not to be made by people on this site.

I am confused.

ninedone,

If I didn't want what you had to say posted on this forum, I could have removed the thread.

But I think members of this forum have a right to know who is presenting the information. This was the basis of my question, which was pretty simple and straight forward.

However, I'm not sure why when I asked the question, you re-addressed the relationship between this doctor and The Goz (which is going to mean nothing to our members) rather than a much more relevant point which is to go to a doctor who performs hair transplants exclusively or as the primary part of their practice.

So what exactly is your point? I think I am the one who is confused icon_smile.gif

Bill