FAK Inhibitors off-label usage?

FLEngineer

Study on VS-6062:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-021-25410-z

So we all have read the exciting Verteporfin action that's currently being tested with and I personally have chosen to delay my repair transplant procedure for now in the light of Verteporfin, GT20029, pyrilutamide and other hair loss drugs that will at least be available on the gray market within the next 12-24 months or so. 

I did some more reading and I found two other drugs that are supposedly even more effective than Verteporfin.  Those being VS-6062 and VS-6063.  Unfortunately I believe VS-6062 was discontinued but 6063 is currently being tested.  Both those drugs appeared to show greater results than Verteporfin as far as wound/scar healing and hair follicle regeneration.  VS-6062 is also able to be applied topically rather than injected, so ease of use is also much better.

"Wound tissue treated with FAKI exhibited dramatic regrowth of hair follicles and subcutaneous glands (sweat and sebaceous) (Fig. 1h), as well as newly regenerated peri-follicular adipose tissue, demonstrated by immunofluorescent staining for the adipocyte marker perilipin A (Fig. 1i)"

I also couldn't help but notice that VS-6062 is readily available for purchase online at around $500 for 50mg.  Obviously I'm not recommending anyone to buy this and experiment with rubbing it on after a hair transplant.  But I'm just saying, it's an interesting idea.  Any thoughts on this?  Would love to hear from any medical professionals.

• 1 year later...