What Norwood am I heading to? Just turned 29...

FlamesFan20

Took photos under direct bright light, also took photos with hair wet and combed back using a wide comb. Just because my hair is curly (to straighten it out). You think im headed to a norwood 7. Again JUST turned 29. Im really depressed about this hair loss

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

4b.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Not much recession at all in your hairline. Your hair appears to be wet in all the photos so some of your scalp is showing which is obviously normal. I would say that if you saw your scalp through dry hair often than maybe you'd be susceptible to diffuse thinning, but your hair looks great in all honesty. 

I think the best thing you can do is figure out your family history and see if you have balding in your genes and definitely consult with a dermatologist or hair transplant doctor to get a better look at your scalp and see if you have any minaturization. If you were to be diagnosed with MPB, you're in the driver's seat as you caught it early

• Like 1

Bro are you here to really ask for our opinion or just bragging? 😆

Im just kidding, I dont think you are getting bald at all man. You have a full thick hair that I just wish I had. Enjoy life and don't worry about things that has not happened yet because if it does, then you just worried twice 😉

• Haha 1

• Valued Contributor

Your hair is not only the envy of every 29 year old but every 19 year old as well! If your hair really worries you then I would recommend that you visit your dermatologist to find out more. I understand the anxiety and all the best.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone. Just a background my dad has diffuse thinning. Not bald but thin, the crown is very thin. Grandfather on my dads side had a thin crown but good hairline. My mother has three brothers. One has good hair, one is norwood 7 at 35 and the other had great hair until his 40-50s. He still has hair but diffuse. My mothers father appeared to have great hair until 35 but he passed away at 35. 

Thanks guys for the input. I cant take finasteride but Im hoping with minox, prp and LTTT mixed with kez shampoo I can hold on for a bit. I do notice my hair has thinned but will see a derm. Hopefully something like stemson comes through in a few years LOL 

4 hours ago, FlamesFan20 said:

Thank you everyone. Just a background my dad has diffuse thinning. Not bald but thin, the crown is very thin. Grandfather on my dads side had a thin crown but good hairline. My mother has three brothers. One has good hair, one is norwood 7 at 35 and the other had great hair until his 40-50s. He still has hair but diffuse. My mothers father appeared to have great hair until 35 but he passed away at 35. 

Thanks guys for the input. I cant take finasteride but Im hoping with minox, prp and LTTT mixed with kez shampoo I can hold on for a bit. I do notice my hair has thinned but will see a derm. Hopefully something like stemson comes through in a few years LOL 

It does sound like you are prone to MPB, to what extent no one can really predict. I'm similar in that my dad began to recede in his 30s mainly at the hairline, then it seemed to level off for a while and over time he began to diffuse throughout. A 66 now hes still not entirely bald but the hair is now diffuse, which is rather a good sign for me anyway if i follow that sort of trend. 

In any case, get your situation confirmed by a Derma or Hair transplant doctor, but bare in mind that some 80% of men will experience MPB in their lives so in all likelihood we're not outliers. In the case that you decide to start treatment, I believe you should start by building finasteride slowly as its the closest thing to targeting the root cause. In my opnion all other treatments should be considered as accessories, with maybe the exception of minoxidil and some non fda approved topical AAs. Don't bother with PRP or LLT, that will just waste your money. Kez Shampoo is an easy addition to a regimen so that should def be included too. 

2 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

It does sound like you are prone to MPB, to what extent no one can really predict. I'm similar in that my dad began to recede in his 30s mainly at the hairline, then it seemed to level off for a while and over time he began to diffuse throughout. A 66 now hes still not entirely bald but the hair is now diffuse, which is rather a good sign for me anyway if i follow that sort of trend. 

In any case, get your situation confirmed by a Derma or Hair transplant doctor, but bare in mind that some 80% of men will experience MPB in their lives so in all likelihood we're not outliers. In the case that you decide to start treatment, I believe you should start by building finasteride slowly as its the closest thing to targeting the root cause. In my opnion all other treatments should be considered as accessories, with maybe the exception of minoxidil and some non fda approved topical AAs. Don't bother with PRP or LLT, that will just waste your money. Kez Shampoo is an easy addition to a regimen so that should def be included too. 

Interesting so 80% of men have MPB? Been feeling really down about this but seems like a common problem. Been trying to determine my final Norwood pattern but I guess it's impossible to really know...

I've been reading that balding blog page and the Dr seems to say by age 30 you should know your balding pattern. Not sure if there's truth to that. Also says if you're heading for a Norwood 7 you should show clear signs of it by 26. Again, one of my uncles is a Norwood 7. Unfortunately, he has no pictures until he's 35 so was nervous I could be heading there. Not married yet so causing me some anxiety lol. 

I remember I started topical fin a while ago (just preventative because a friend was using it) and got ED and nipple pain. I waited a few months and tried again and got the same symptoms. So, I'm thinking of just using minox with kez shampoo. 

I think almost every single person on earth loses a certain number of hairs as they age. In your case it's really barely noticeable. But if you have family members that are bald or thin hair then you might want to start on medication now. Finasteride is the big one. You should at least try it for 6 months, i heard the side effects are mainly psychological or sometimes just goes away after a while.

Edited by Henry

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/7/2022 at 3:08 PM, FlamesFan20 said:

Took photos under direct bright light, also took photos with hair wet and combed back using a wide comb. Just because my hair is curly (to straighten it out). You think im headed to a norwood 7. Again JUST turned 29. Im really depressed about this hair loss

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

4b.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Everyone can see scalp when hair is wet. If you decide to get serious then Dutasteride is the holy grail to maintain so it seems. Your genetics with a 5AR looks to me that maintaining will be easy through your prime years and moving into and past mid life. Don’t sweat it. Solid hairline. Solid crown.