Sign of Oral min becoming mainstream

Jonulous

Thought I would share my little anecdote from this past week.

For context I'm coming up to 5 years into my Finasteride routine, and a few months in with switching to an oral version of Minoxidil. Also had a hair surgery in western Europe this past May which has its own thread.

My tradition is that I have this like imaginary giant wall, where I keep the regular doctor health consultations sitting on one side, and anything to do with aesthetic procedures/medicine on the other. The only real cross-contamination up to now was getting my Finasteride prescriptions from the regular doctors, since it's completely on-label and they're all generally up to speed on that.

For my new Fin prescription, I'd left it kind of to the last minute and the soonest appointment I could get was at a nearby clinic where they give most of the consultation to interning medical undergraduate students, with the supervisor coming in at the end for any heavy lifting such as writing of prescriptions.

In front of his two internship students, this doctor (who seemed quite a cool guy generally) started to rattle off the reasons I might like to consider adding oral minoxidil to my daily regimen....If you're confused, I've been getting that prescription through a separate tele-health provider who partners with a compounding pharmacy. And per my 'giant wall' between regular health checks and aesthetics, I elected not to share this fact with the doctor or his pair of MDs-in-training. But given he was quite relaxed about discussing pros and cons of it with his students there, I take that as a sign of it coming into a bit more awareness with regular practitioners.

So maybe when I next need a refill of Min I'll pop in to see this particular doctor, and either fess up that I was already on it or just go for a reset where it gets added to my medical notes from that point forward.