What norwood do you think am i ? Are finaestride and minoxidil enough or should i go for a hair transplant

1 hour ago, fin_lover said:

Will minoxidil and finaestride reverse my thinning and make me norwood 2 ?

Most likely not. Only very strong responders would get anything like that. You would probably go down a Norwood to Norwood 4 but with having your hair at a certain length/style might pass as a Norwood 3. People on r/tressless have had crazy comebacks though from similar baselines to yourself, Norwood 5 to Norwood 2 with Minox + Microneedling.

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

• Valued Contributor

As @Viney has stated your hair loss type is conducive to medical treatment due to the pattern. I would not even think about surgery and give the meds a good 12 months to see how you respond. Surgery could knock out a lot of your own native hair. All the best!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

As @Viney has stated your hair loss type is conducive to medical treatment due to the pattern. I would not even think about surgery and give the meds a good 12 months to see how you respond. Surgery could knock out a lot of your own native hair. All the best!

Thanks for your valuable advice , i will definitely wait for 1-2 years before going on path of surgery 

• Like 1

Hey, that's what I looked like when i was in my mid 20s. 

FWIW I responded really well to medication. I started far far after I should have because no one in any of my social circles or my family had hair loss at that age...  If you start now you probably won't even need a transplant.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2022 at 12:21 PM, Gatsby said:

Any reason for this? I've been using min for around seven years and started on fin a week ago. I have a transplant booked for next September so your comment has worried me slightly, considering I'll have only been on the fin for 9-10 months.

I had my first transplant just over a year ago on the hairline and have noticed slight thinning in the behind areas, although this may likely be down to me stopping the min for six months post op.