Is leg hair something that transplants well if you go to an elite surgeon?

12 minutes ago, Hah6788887 said:

I'm thinking of going to a really good surgeon. My donor is limited but I have a lot of leg and arm hairs. Do leg hair specifically work solid in a transplant?

Not really, they have very poor survival rate and have very terrible growth differences than scalp hairs.

Even beard hair is different than scalp hair but has a higher rate than other forms of body hair.

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

To follow up on @Gatsby here is an image that is helpful in showing the different locations of hair and how their growth phases differ, generally anything outside the beard/neck area will likely not work or grow nearly as well and naturally as from the safe donor area. 

location.jpg

If you can find a surgeon who can do leg hair extraction successfully, its only utility is for repair cases where there is no other useful types of sources left.  The best non-scalp option would be beard grafts.  It behaves the most like scalp.  Leg hair has a short growing phase, then it goes dormant for months.

I'm already using the beard and chest as well. But I need more. I don't need for it to grow uniform length. Just need it for extra coverage. Is the survival rate really that poor, even with a very good surgeon. What would be recommended after donor beard and chest ?