Anyone here know about Hair Stem Cell transplantation?

• Moderators

I think this was first tried by Dr Gho about 20 years ago It never panned out. They attempt to cut the follicle in half, leaving part of it still in the donor area of your scalp and the other half they transplant. The theory is that if done right both damaged halves will heal themselves and both will grow hair, thus you still have the donor hair growing and you also have a new hair growing in the recipient site. I think he tried it on a number of patients and the results were poor with low growth rates and weak, damaged hair that may not last more than a few years if it did grow.

Could results have improved since then? Possibly, but I'd think it would be much bigger news if it did.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.