FUE at the Wimpole clinic

Hey guys, I’m from Australia and have only a short amount of time in the Uk and have opted for fue at the Wimpole clinic in around 3 days time. I have payed my deposit and as there aren’t great options in aus I am definitely going ahead with it. As far as I can tell reading reviews, Wimpole is a respectable clinic & it does help seeing people like rob holding go there with good result. I must admit I found this network last night and some comments I have read (some very old posts & without any evidence) seem to suggest wimpole is sub par. I guess I am looking for some clarity on the subject and wonder if anyone has any legitimate experience or a fair opinion on them to (fingers crossed) help put my mind at ease as I am naturally pretty anxious that somehow I have made a mistake. 

i have been quoted 2300-2500 grafts for 6000 pounds. 

thanks guys 

86C6543E-81C8-47F4-AB41-441B6CD57D34.jpeg

Hi @Tomi I had a discussion with a few surgeons at different clinics to get an understanding of what was achievable, and what was recommended. Wimpole was actually recommended by one of the surgeons whose clinic was being refurbished at the same time, so he couldn't perform it himself. Like you, I had some research online as well. It's been just over 2 months on my journey and I've at times been frustrated with the lack of growth, and at times confused by certain things. Read my post history to get a sense of that.

My own journey has so far been unique. I'm not sure whether that is due down to my own physiology, the surgeon's skill or the technician's skill. The main benefit of going to a local clinic has been that I've had the chance to see my surgeon whenever I've needed to. We had a check-up, and he's happy with the progress so far. I've stopped scrutinising my hair and just got on with life. I'm not expecting any substantial growth till month 4, which is usually the period of time people see extraordinary progress.

If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

P.S. With your hair loss, I hope you are beginning medical treatment as well: a hair transplant alone would be a temporary solution.

• 1 month later...

Hi waterworld I have just messaged on a different thread I think I’m interested in your journey (and very grateful you are sharing very kind and helpful of you to us). So did dr Malkani leave for the Technician to do the graft harvest but you were awake for it? Following your thread, interested to understand dr Malkani process also did you choose him or were you kind of assigned him because the website shows a few different doctors 

appreciate your help