My ADN test (trichotest) say Spironolactone would be much efficient than fina for me

arthurSam

Hello,

I passed an adn test (trichotest) and the result say that spironolactone would be more efficient for me than finasteride. So they proposed me a topical solution with spironolactone. The test say I am receptive to igrantine-F1 too. Do you know what it is ?

Do you know if spironolactone if really efficient ? Because nobody seems to use it ... that weird no ?

I know orally it is very dangerous for men because it block testosterone and not only alpha R2 like finasteride so man cannot take it. But what about topical ? Can it be more efficient than fina ?

My test said that I am not responsive to alphaR1 so dutasteride is not needed for me.

Thanks for help

Edited by arthurSam

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) : ASCE+ HRLV AAPE for Hair secretomes + human Umbilical Chord Exosomes

• arthurSam changed the title to My ADN test (trichotest) say Spironolactone would be much efficient than fina for me
  • Administrators

Topical spiro isn’t nearly as effective as finasteride. Oral spiro is effective, but not advisable for men. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I've worked in compounding pharmacy and I can say it's been extremely rare to get scripts for topical spironolactone, maybe say 5 scripts in 8 years. I'm not saying it won't work but just that it's not something doctors in Australia are prescribing.

I'm very interested in doing this TrichoTest but my dermatologist hasn't heard of it. What country are you in, and how can I get one done from Australia? Can it help predict if i'd be more responsive to finasteride or dutasteride?

• Like 1

Hello I live in France,

Thanks for answering me.

There is paper from 2020 saying topical spironolactone give  better result than topical fina for men and women  https://www.researchgate.net/publication/344973262_Topical_Finasteride_versus_Topical_Spironolactone_in_the_Treatment_of_Androgenetic_Alopecia

The trichotest is from fagron: https://www.fagrongenomics.com/fagron-trichotest

It cost me 200eur and got result in 3 weeks from a dermatologist.

It can be done in Austria (see the website)

The test say if you are responsive to fina or duta, to minox, to insulin,  to biotin etc... for example my test say I have no need for duta but more for fina. It said also that insuline igrantine-F1 will work great for me so I will try to add it... (they propose me 0.5% topical). My test say also that biotin is not needed as my genetics have not deficiency to make that vitamin...

In France there is a lot of people with this prescription (spironolactone) in forum when doctor try other androgen than fina because people had side effect with fina... but not a lot of feed back yet...

In France doctors are not very clear about fina some say that topical is ok, some say the opposite... my doctor do not even know spironolactone in topical form for alopecia! 

If you want I can post pictures of my PDF report results...

Edited by arthurSam

Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) : ASCE+ HRLV AAPE for Hair secretomes + human Umbilical Chord Exosomes

• Administrators

There’s only one study comparing the two and the sample size is really small. There’s way more studies comparing the efficacy of topical finasteride, so there’s a lot more data. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Yes you are right I will continue on finasteride thanks for advise