Can Transplants Fill Somewhat Thinning Hair?

Came across an issue with thinning hair to see if transplants can address it. I have thinning hair. But I can do combovers that make it look full.

Would you guys name some docs that are really good in fulling thin areas with dense hair? Again, although I'm thinning I'm not that bad. But I still need density, as much as can be provided of course.

Edited by wprevil

• wprevil changed the title to Can Transplants Fill Somewhat Thinning Hair?

Yeah, i'm also interested in this kind of questions..

i suffer diffuse thinning and thinking about a transplant, i understand the difference between blonde fine hair from others and that is necessary to recover the thinning hair before the ht to avoid a permanent shock loss, but most of the threats don't say how much density are they affording so it's very difficult to imagine the results of 40uf/cm, 60uf/cm, ... and i guess most of us would like to trace a plan for the future

i've been reading a post of a guy who added a lot of density in a zone (around 72 uf per cm2)

from what i know for density is important to have skill and a good tool (0,7 or 0,8) and also think most of the top surgeons are a good choice, but i would say mwamba or pittella are good at that and also the spanish ones

Transplanting in areas where you already have hair poses a challenge due to the chance of damaging native the native hair. You want someone with a portfolio of patients with diffuse thinning.

Couto, Freitas, Pinto and Hasson are four surgeons that come to mind that impressed me with their results on patients with diffuse thinning.

• Like 2

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

You can move hairs in between thinning hairs, which gives density. Sure, no problem. The only caveat is that these thinned hairs have the risk of dying from the trauma of surgery. (aka "shock loss"), so a good surgeon who is skilled enough to not damage nearby hairs is mandatory.

Edited by WhereIsMyMind
  • Like 1