Adding 0.5 mg Dutasteride once a week (while continue taking finasteride) after getting a hair transplant, is it risky?

While I want to add one pill of Dutasteride to block further dht, I have seen so many people online complain that taking Dutasteride caused them to have a severe shed and lose hair. Do I risk losing hair behind the transplanted area if I will take it?

You’re worried about a shed but you want to combine not one but two of the most powerful 5ARs on the market. You’re not just playing with fire man you’re playing with a nuclear bomb. Don’t take a risk like that you’re literally going to annihilate yourself. There’s no need to ever do both. Dut alone blocks almost 90% of DHT and it blocks 5AR1 and 5AR2 enzymes. Fin only blocks 5AR2. Tread lightly!

Edited by sunsurfhair
  • Like 1

There are quite a few surgeons who recommend this strategy. 

There has been a case report published about a patient who was still losing hair on Finasteride daily, then switched to Finasteride 6 days per week and dutasteride on the 7th day.  He saw significant regrowth.

In reality, you will probably experience a shed, but stick with it and it should grow back thicker.  

• Like 2

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

On 10/15/2022 at 10:34 PM, sunsurfhair said:

You’re worried about a shed but you want to combine not one but two of the most powerful 5ARs on the market. You’re not just playing with fire man you’re playing with a nuclear bomb. Don’t take a risk like that you’re literally going to annihilate yourself. There’s no need to ever do both. Dut alone blocks almost 90% of DHT and it blocks 5AR1 and 5AR2 enzymes. Fin only blocks 5AR2. Tread lightly!

Seems to be a couple of well known doctors that advise to do this