young and bald

I thank anyone who responds to help in advace. My story is a young and depressing one, I am 23 now and noticed at a haircut when i was 16, almost 17 that i was going bald. At 18 i went to an HCM consultation and after a year n a hlaf they said i was inbetween a 2 and a 3 on the norwood, and I now believe I'm at a 3b-4.

I always thought it would b simple to fix, get the money, pay for it, and thats it. This site and others have informed me there are many risks, first off, I've attached pics to help

1. Am I too young for a HT? ( i do not want a biomatrix wig or whatever)

2. I read in another post you have to be on somthing, i think they said finastride(bad spelling) for a year just to be ready for a HT, is this 100% always the case?

3.I live in the greater Pittsburgh area if anyone knows a trusted doctor to consult??

I just relized reading tonight that I would probably need a few HT's over years to keep up with the thinning, which I'm guessing is expensive. but i'm guessing i would need at my first 1 about 1700 grafts? (complete guess), and would it help that I'd b willing to take min. grafts on my first HT to take me back to say the appearence of a norwood class 1, and not need a fully restored hairline, if it would help and leave more donor hair for future.

I'm worried about going through a failed process to where it looks unnatural and loses me alot of money.

Also, anyone, how much in general would I b looking at to get my first HT, i guessd going by bosley numbers, like 2-3 thousand??..

Anyway though, losing my hair since highschool has been truley horrifying to my self confidence n certain activites, Theres not too many other people that can relate to being 17, but I know this is the place where hopefully someone can understand my pain and fear about getting a HT. Any advice would b greatly helpfull..

Thanks, Justin

I thank anyone who responds to help in advace. My story is a young and depressing one, I am 23 now and noticed at a haircut when i was 16, almost 17 that i was going bald. At 18 i went to an HCM consultation and after a year n a hlaf they said i was inbetween a 2 and a 3 on the norwood, and I now believe I'm at a 3b-4.

I always thought it would b simple to fix, get the money, pay for it, and thats it. This site and others have informed me there are many risks, first off, I've attached pics to help

1. Am I too young for a HT? ( i do not want a biomatrix wig or whatever)

2. I read in another post you have to be on somthing, i think they said finastride(bad spelling) for a year just to be ready for a HT, is this 100% always the case?

3.I live in the greater Pittsburgh area if anyone knows a trusted doctor to consult??

I just relized reading tonight that I would probably need a few HT's over years to keep up with the thinning, which I'm guessing is expensive. but i'm guessing i would need at my first 1 about 1700 grafts? (complete guess), and would it help that I'd b willing to take min. grafts on my first HT to take me back to say the appearence of a norwood class 1, and not need a fully restored hairline, if it would help and leave more donor hair for future.

I'm worried about going through a failed process to where it looks unnatural and loses me alot of money.

Also, anyone, how much in general would I b looking at to get my first HT, i guessd going by bosley numbers, like 2-3 thousand??..

Anyway though, losing my hair since highschool has been truley horrifying to my self confidence n certain activites, Theres not too many other people that can relate to being 17, but I know this is the place where hopefully someone can understand my pain and fear about getting a HT. Any advice would b greatly helpfull..

Thanks, Justin

I've attached pics to help

I don't see the photographs.

i think they said finastride(bad spelling) for a year just to be ready for a HT, is this 100% always the case?

Yes. You have to go on finasteride and minoxidil and stay on both for the rest of your life.

I live in the greater Pittsburgh area if anyone knows a trusted doctor to consult??

Check to see the nearest Coalition doctor. Chances are you may have to do air travel.

but i'm guessing i would need at my first 1 about 1700 grafts? (complete guess),

If you are NW3 or NW4 as you say you are (without seeing the pics), you may need about 2500 grafts on the conservative side.

Check the graft calculator, but the amount of grafts that can be extracted also depends on other factors such as scalp laxity, etc.

and would it help that I'd b willing to take min. grafts on my first HT to take me back to say the appearence of a norwood class 1

STAY AWAY FROM OBSOLETE TECHNOLOGY!!

Anyway though, losing my hair since highschool has been truley horrifying to my self confidence n certain activites, Theres not too many other people that can relate to being 17, but I know this is the place where hopefully someone can understand my pain and fear about getting a HT.

I started to lose my hair at 16 too.

Not to worry. Focus on developing your career, and social life. Everything else will follow.

take care...