6 months post 5000 graft FUE

Hi forum members

i am 6 months post 5000 graft FUE with attached result and getting quite concerned. All I have heard advice wise is to wait until 6 months onwards for real results but this seems a very poor result so far and very patchy. Is there any hope ?

484EF2F5-92CF-4A95-A10B-E029D5B762C0.jpeg

F9626CA6-F488-4551-9756-17E9C8FFDCA9.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Rollo said:

Hi forum members

i am 6 months post 5000 graft FUE with attached result and getting quite concerned. All I have heard advice wise is to wait until 6 months onwards for real results but this seems a very poor result so far and very patchy. Is there any hope ?

484EF2F5-92CF-4A95-A10B-E029D5B762C0.jpeg

F9626CA6-F488-4551-9756-17E9C8FFDCA9.jpeg

I will be honest, for 6 months that's not very good. If that was the 2nd or 3rd month which is considered the Ugly Duckling phase, it would be considered normal. 

I think the first ref flag for me is that you said 5000 grafts. I'm going to take a guess and say you went to Turkey, so i have concerns about not just the fact your 6 months progress looks sub par but the fact that you may have had a lot of damage done to your donor to try and even attempt a repair. 

OP, things could turn around but you may want to prepare for the potential outcome being negative. 

Can you name the clinic? How long did the surgery last? Also, please post pre-op photos.

For 5,000 I'd expect there to be a lot more growth (unless you were slick bald before).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Z-- said:

Can you name the clinic? How long did the surgery last? Also, please post pre-op photos.

For 5,000 I'd expect there to be a lot more growth (unless you were slick bald before).

Hi smile in turkey

yes was slick bald 

24 minutes ago, Rollo said:

Hi smile in turkey

yes was slick bald 

If you were slick bald, i think if you post a complete before your hair transplant picture, it would help greatly and also post-op so we can see where they were placed. Because if you were slick bald, i'd say the way that the hair looks, the survival in some areas looks well, but there's a lot of areas that haven't gone well. 

Thanks for sharing the name of the clinic. Unfortunately my fears were you went to a hair mill and the reality seems to be that's the case but let's not hit a complete panic button and let's assume there could be some improvement to Months 12 and beyond. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Rollo said:

Hi smile in turkey

yes was slick bald 

Damn. Yeah this is a hair mill. Many poor results from them…

Can you post the pre-operation photos? This looks like typical diffuse but if you were completely bald it looks like at least you had some survival. It’s still very poor for 5k grafts; it should have way more thickness.