Hair transplant result at 8.5 months

B286A3BE-EB4C-4FFA-80B2-8C505105FA54.thumb.jpeg.5110a253a0d0d1eab2ac19e941d833ae.jpegHello Everyone, 

I got my hairline lowering transplant done in India this year in January from a reputable clinic. I was naturally born with  big forehead and also I did suffer with traction alopecia where I did loose here in my sideburns and little damage was done in the centre part of hairline.  

I received 2258 hair grafts in my frontal hairline area and side temples and this is my result as 8.5 months and I am little concerned how is the growth coming so far.

please note that I have been using topical Minoxidil 5% and biotin 5mg tab. 

I feel like I am slow grower because I am still noticing some hair have started Pooping out and in some areas there are still vellus (thin) hair which I am not sure if they fully grow and thicken up and my hairline still lack some kind of density. 

I wanted to know from you guys what are your thoughts and I also wanted to know how long does the hair takes fully mature and when does a hair fully thickens up ? 

I was thinking to use Dermatch where I feel the hair are missing. Also, Does anyone has used Dermatch before and if they can chime in and please provide their insight if it will help to tint the hairline until I get full result in ? 

I have added picture below how my hairline use to be and how it is looking as of 8.5 months. I do feel that I had shock loss for my native hair as now I see some thin hair popping out as well in the center of hairline

Looks very good.  About the density you'd expect for 2.2k grafts and that area size.  Those thin tiny hairs might be from the Minoxidil instead of from the Transplant, so there's no knowing if they'll mature and thicken up.  Regardless, even if you see little improvement from here, it's still a solid looking hairline, big improvement.

If in the future you want to thicken it up a bit, you could always do a 2nd transplant.  

• Like 1

Check out my journey here:

14 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

Looks very good.  About the density you'd expect for 2.2k grafts and that area size.  Those thin tiny hairs might be from the Minoxidil instead of from the Transplant, so there's no knowing if they'll mature and thicken up.  Regardless, even if you see little improvement from here, it's still a solid looking hairline, big improvement.

If in the future you want to thicken it up a bit, you could always do a 2nd transplant.  

Yeah so far it’s looking better and I am seeing improvement but still my hair are see through. That’s what I am concerned about I wanted to know how long can I keep expecting hair thickening ?