What are the different densities that can be opted for when building a hairline?

Hah6788887

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, Hah6788887 said:

I believe I read there is the standard density but to save grafts and use them elsewhere u can opt for slightly less density? Is anyone familiar with the numbers and is it a big visible difference if you opt for less? 

Hey @Hah6788887 I don't believe that at the end of the day it boils down to a mathematical formula or such. The 'artistic' creation in hair restoration is such an individual case by case thing in my opinion (especially when it comes down to exact numbers). But yes, definitely the economical use of where grafts are placed (as well as harvested from) can result in more bang for your buck when it comes to numbers used for full effect. 

On 9/11/2022 at 4:43 AM, Hah6788887 said:

I believe I read there is the standard density but to save grafts and use them elsewhere u can opt for slightly less density? Is anyone familiar with the numbers and is it a big visible difference if you opt for less? 

Usually more grafts are used for the hairline, since its the first impression when someone talks to you. The density should be higher in the front and become less in midscalp and crown for the illusion of density.