minoxidil and the body hairs' increase

luxx

hi all, i'm using minoxidil since almost a year and i've noticed that my body hair has increased.

around the eyebrows a little bit, above the usual beard line and on the hands.

the ones more annoying are on the hands. there the already exisiting hairs seemed of having gotten even longer.

do you think that's possible? do you think that if i should stop the cure in the future they will eventually subside and go back to normality?

thank you

hi all, i'm using minoxidil since almost a year and i've noticed that my body hair has increased.

around the eyebrows a little bit, above the usual beard line and on the hands.

the ones more annoying are on the hands. there the already exisiting hairs seemed of having gotten even longer.

do you think that's possible? do you think that if i should stop the cure in the future they will eventually subside and go back to normality?

thank you

luxx,

Yes, increased body hair is possible, which is one of the reasons why Rogaine (minoxidil) 5% isn't recommended for women.

Be sure to make sure to wash your face and hands thoroughly after applying minoxidil topically to your scalp. I've found that most hair loss sufferers like Rogaine foam better since it's easier to apply and less runny.

This may help minimize the amount of unwanted increased body hair. You could also try switching to the 2% minoxidil solution, but it is also less effective in treating hair loss.

Best wishes,

Bill

and indeed that's something i've never really done for such a long time. only lately i've started washing my hands, and figure yourself about the face.

thank you very much for your reply.

may be one day when i won't be a student anymore and i'll have some money i'll think about your solution icon_smile.gif