Dr. Pathomvanich info

Hi Guys,

I was looking to take the plunge into hair transplant and I must say this forum has been a great help!

I am considering taking up the surgery in Thailand at Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich's clinic. I have been in correspondence with him over e-mail.

The only thing that I am not sure about is their requirement of $1000 deposit, wired to the doctor's bank account. Is it a standard procedure ? If someone who has had their surgery done over at this clinic can confirm, I'd really be grateful!

Thanks,

Saurabh

Hi Guys,

I was looking to take the plunge into hair transplant and I must say this forum has been a great help!

I am considering taking up the surgery in Thailand at Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich's clinic. I have been in correspondence with him over e-mail.

The only thing that I am not sure about is their requirement of $1000 deposit, wired to the doctor's bank account. Is it a standard procedure ? If someone who has had their surgery done over at this clinic can confirm, I'd really be grateful!

Thanks,

Saurabh

Hi Saurabh,

I had a HT with Dr Path recently & needed to transfer a 1000 deposit as well. I ended up transferring about 5000 so i didnt have to carry to much cash to complete the transaction when i had the HT.

I just asked for receipt confirmation via email & had no problems,

good luck

Hi Saurabh,

I just had my second hair transplant with Dr. P a few days ago.

He does a great job and I was very happy with the first but just wanted the density increased this time. His staff is very good as well.

Don't worry about the $1000 USD deposit. It's completely legitimate and the reason he asks for a deposit is to make sure that you show up for your appointment.

Good luck with your transplant. You are in good hands with Dr. P. So much so that I went back to him for a second time and when my crown starts to thin, I will likely go back to him for a third procedure as well.

Also, Bangkok is a great city. Make sure you go for a foot massage, do some shopping at Patpong and MBK, and if you're there for the weekend, stop by Chatichuk Weekend Market; just be careful not to bump your head if your are out exploring the city after your transplant.

Cheers man, and good luck

cautious, james2009,

thanks a lot for your inputs! I guess I'll do the transfer and confirm my appointment!

I have already been to Thailand once - I just didn't know about the HT thing otherwise I would have got it done then icon_smile.gif

cheers,

Saurabh

hi Saurabh,

where are you coming from in order to get to Thailand?

also, do you need any hotel recommendations? let me know if you need any information at all. I am quite familiar with Bangkok.

cheers.

Hi james2009,

I'll be coming from Abu Dhabi to Bangkok. I was thinking about staying at My House Hotel, which is one of the recommended hotels by Dr. P and is nearby to his clinic.

On my last visit I was at the Davis Hotel, but that'll be a bit of a travelling to his clinic and I'd like to stick close icon_smile.gif

Is there any other hotel which you would recommend ? Preferably near to the clinic!

cheers,

Saurabh

Saurabh,

Just about every doctor takes an upfront deposit to secure a patient's surgery date. Dr. Pathomanich has an excellent reputaiton and in my opinion, you can rest easy knowing that you're going to get what you pay for.

I hope you'll come back and share your surgical experience and photos with us.

All the Best,

Bill

Hi Saurabh,

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Silom. It is a bit of a ways from dr. P's clinic but it is a 5 minute walk to the Sky Train and a 5 minute walk to Patpong. After you get on the Sky Train from the Holiday Inn you make one transfer and then in a few stops you're at the Ari station where his clinic is located. In total the whole trip from the Holiday Inn to his clinic is about 15-20 minutes. Alternatively, you can also take a taxi if necessary.

What's nice about being at the Holiday Inn Silom is that you are close to everything. Close to Patpong and MBK for shopping and not far from the clinic. I stayed in a premium room while I was there and they are all newly renovated, the cost was very reasonable, and the staff are amazing.

If you stay close to his clinic, there is not much to do in the evening. That is when I found I got most bored and what's nice about being near Patpong is that it is relatively safe and you can go for a walk during the evening with lots of stuff to see.

Ultimately you decide. I've been up to Bangkok twice now for hair transplants. Both times I stayed at the Holiday Inn Silom and have been happy with the location and teh service.

Good luck whatever you decide. And I'm sure you'll be happy with the results from Dr. P.

Hey ... one more question. When is the date of yoru surgery scheduled? Oh, and how much work are they anticipating on doing (number of grafts)?

Cheers.

@Bill,

Thanks for the info and I will definitely post my experience and photos after the surgery over here!

@james2009,

Thanks for the detailed reply! I see your point. In the current situation though it seems like the Holiday Inn hotel is over 5 times priced as compared to My House hotel. Let's see, I might just choose this one considering the fact that it would be boring as hell just sitting at the hotel icon_smile.gif

The scheduled date is 9th September and the doctor's estimate is something like 3000 grafts.

One thing to keep in mind is comfort after your transplant. That is a big difference in price but you want to make sure that you have a comfortable and clean hotel room. Especially in Bangkok, you don't want to have any late night cockroach visitors crawling into your bed. Dr. P might have some sort of a deal with the hotel as well so maybe it won't be too bad. check it out on teh internet beforehand though.

Either way, good luck on the 9th of september.

you're absolutely right about the comfort and cleanliness about the room! Price factor aside, the only reason I was considering My House hotel was because it was recommended by the doctor.

The internet reviews seem ok as of now. It's still a while before I have to confirm the hotels so I guess I'll keep searching for hotels in the Silom area. The hotel you recommended has very good reviews and I might end up taking that afterall!

And thanks for the wishes; I am really looking forward to the 9th of September!

cheers,

Saurabh

Hello Saurabh,

No need to worry, everything will go well. Please go through my post (for Hotel info etc) and blog for more information about surgery from Dr. Path.

Next weekend I will be posting my 3 months results icon_smile.gif

I was living in Heritage hotel at silom or i-resident also not a bad hotel which is opposite. Both are great hotel in silom area. It only take 1 min walking to the BTS(chong nosi) then interchage at siam station. Then take the BTS to ARI station. When you arrive to the ARI station you will see the adidas outlet and Fuji japanese food restaurant at ur 12 o clock. Take left hand side walk path and keep walking until you see a tall brown building (about 5 min walking) that is DR path Office locatied on 32 floor. The landmark is the Mc donald. Not tat far i think, hotel also provide excellent service plus free internet.

Otherwise my house hotel just beside Ari station. Never stay there before but it was recommended by the Dr path office girl. Not much hotel close by the clinic or you can try search at www.asiarooms.com you can actually select which area in Bkk you wan to live in.

Good luck.

regards,

handsome.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your inputs! I have made the transfer and the appointment is confirmed for 9th September.

Hopefully everything will go nicely and I'll have some great improvements to report!

cheers,

Saurabh