newly transplanted

Hey Guys,

Im 7 days post op 4300grafts been following all post op instructions just had a couple of questions some of the more experienced people might be able to answer.

At the moment I have a lot of white spots (like channels) on the recipient area. When looking closer its like no grafts are there. To my knowledge i have not lost any grafts. Is this normal?

Lastly 7 days post op it looks like my recipient area has thinned. When I look at my hairline at day 1 and now it seems it has receded on the sides. Does this mean my grafts are shedding. I still have a lot of scabs too.

Any help will be appreciated guys. Its my first HT and it was quite a big procedure (11 hours) so naturally Im a bit nervous. Thanks a lot.

Hey Guys,

Im 7 days post op 4300grafts been following all post op instructions just had a couple of questions some of the more experienced people might be able to answer.

At the moment I have a lot of white spots (like channels) on the recipient area. When looking closer its like no grafts are there. To my knowledge i have not lost any grafts. Is this normal?

Lastly 7 days post op it looks like my recipient area has thinned. When I look at my hairline at day 1 and now it seems it has receded on the sides. Does this mean my grafts are shedding. I still have a lot of scabs too.

Any help will be appreciated guys. Its my first HT and it was quite a big procedure (11 hours) so naturally Im a bit nervous. Thanks a lot.

A picture would be nice, but i don't think you should worry. The hair from newly transplanted grafts are probably shedding which is normal during this time frame.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

ive tried taking a pic of it but its hard to pick up in the shot. The white marks look like they are blank with no grafts when I know the doctor densely packed grafts there.

And the sides have thinned out and its just smooth skin left no signs of grafts or scabs.

Is it normal for 7 days post op to be shedding though?