Sun after hair transplant

wrzasowic

Hello,

I have a question about the sun after the hair transplant.

Today I was in the sun for 1.5 hours, from 18 to 19.30. It was about 25 degrees celcius, but the sun was behind the clouds.

Do you think I could have harmed the transplant results in this way?

I had the procedure 2 months ago.

I'm a little worried ..

You should be fine but wear a hat from now on. I don't think it would effect your hairs but it might cause your skin to be discolored if you keep doing it. 

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

On 8/17/2022 at 1:00 AM, Mike10 said:

I agree also. I also noted that protocols vary a lot among Drs. Some say 2 weeks, others 6 months. I can't make sense of this

There really is a lot of variance in the hair transplant industry with what's considered best practices for post-HT care - which makes it really confusing and hard to navigate. Given that a sunburn is one of the only ways you can damage grafts after the 2 week mark though, I think being extra cautious on the longer side of 6 months is ideal. 

OP - As the others said, it seems like you're probably fine given that you didn't get a sunburn. So while I don't think you should stress or panic, just be a bit more mindful of it moving forward just to be safe. (And as someone who got a bit sunburnt a few weeks ago on a cloudy day, remember not to let your guard down just because it's overcast. Take it from me! Lol)

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56