Temporary Hair System?

So I'm about 3 months post - op, and am seeing very small hairs starting to sprout from my scalp. The problem is that I'm having a big family reunion about a month and a half from now that will undoutably require me to reveal my head. No one in my family is aware of my HT, in fact none are even really aware of my hair loss. What should I do? Is it even possible/feasible to get a hair system while your HT is growing in? Are there any temporary solutions? My recipient area is a bit red/shadowy and looks as if work has been done. Thoughts?

Hi MM, Im 4 months out and I can still see the colour but others dont notice becz i brush my native hair over it and I have a little new growth there as well. But from 1 month to about 3 months I used womens face powder on it. It works and its quick and easy. you just pat it on with the brush they give you and blend it in and the redness is gone. They have different shade powders for different skin types. I just went down to the local pharmacy and said I had a skin reaction on my head and could they find a powder to suit. It takes about 30 secs to apply. much easier than applying any sort of liquid. cheers

sunny

Try the powder/foundation. It works well to hide the redness. I have it on right now & man, I feel like a woman icon_smile.gif Just kidding, I feel your pain. A couple of my friends noticed the redness. I could only play it off as sunburn for so long. I'm on month 2 and it's fading but it's still obvious if I don't use anything to cover it. Defiantly try the power it does a great job concealing the redness.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I think with the advice, I should be able to reduce or eliminate the redness in my recipient area. But I don't think the Toppik and Dermatch will do much in the way of making this area look more full. It's relatively still bald with only a few hairs sprouting, and concealers work best on areas that are thin, not totally barren.

Is a temporary hair system really out of the question at this point?

Originally posted by Martin M:

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I think with the advice, I should be able to reduce or eliminate the redness in my recipient area. But I don't think the Toppik and Dermatch will do much in the way of making this area look more full. It's relatively still bald with only a few hairs sprouting, and concealers work best on areas that are thin, not totally barren.

Is a temporary hair system really out of the question at this point?

If it's a family reunion I wouldn't stress about it much honestly. I mean, if they are real close family they'll be supportive in whatever you do. My three sisters and mom have been very happy for me and would never betray confidence. My dad's bald, but he still loves me so he's cool with it.

As for cousins I see every couple or three years? You know, I just wouldn't worry with it personally. Chances are if they ever tried to gossip about you they'd run into someone sympathetic to you, so who cares....

You could always say you had a nasty boil cut off and wear a hat and act shamed.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week