What is the ideal length/hairstyle after a hair transplant ?

I’ve noticed that my transplanted hair looked more dense when it was longer compared to now after I cut it very short. Is it required to grow your hair a bit longer to appear dense after a HT ?

• Like 1

In order to help with the illusion of density, yes. Shorter hair exposes the gaps between hair a bit more and as a result you won't have the same effect. 

Personally i prefer to keep my hair longer and i'm heading towards Month 3 now, so i'll be interested to see how it looks after Month 4 when it starts to grow in more. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Shorter hair exposes the gaps between hair a bit more and as a result you won't have the same effect. 

Yeah that’s exactly how it feels. I also noticed that the transplanted hair when longer looks way more dense when I brush it back or to the sides but bad when I style it forward, fringe hair style. 

I got a buzzcut now so it will take like 3-5 months to get the ideal length back damn 😬

Month 4 is when my first hairs started growing, it started looking good at month 5. I wish you good luck with your HT results!

• Like 1

This can vary by patient.  But there is always that "perfect" length where all the hair just seems to work together to provide the most density.  If too short, as others have noted, it just looks too bare.  If too long, it starts pulling away and makes areas look more see-through-Ish.  Work with your hairstylist to decipher.  SMP does come to mind.  This would help minimize the contrast and give the illusion of more density.

• Like 1

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.