Oral/Topical Minoxidil - Professional/Ancedotals Opinions Welcome

Okay, so from experince I know, two things

1- oral is way more effective than topical

2- oral is dose-dependent and has the more you take the better your results, unlike topical where you are limted by skin absorption and lack of enyzme activity(Even in responders theres a finite amount of enzymes), your liver has way more of the enzyme, minus for special cases such as people with down syndrome.

So, we know topical minoxidil is used to help prevent/work through shockloss, so is it safe to assume oral minoxidil would in turn do the same thing? Given that the mechanism of growth for minoxidil is due to minoxidil sulphate not the actual minoxidil itself.

Edited by Testaccount9900

• Testaccount9900 changed the title to Oral/Topical Minoxidil - Professional/Ancedotals Opinions Welcome
53 minutes ago, New_Barnet_Please said:

It’s not a smart idea to look at it like this imo - things work in balance. Just take the recommended 2.5 or 5mg recommended for hair loss. That gives plenty of benefit with little risk of side effects.

My main point was specifically in regards to does oral help work through shock loss just as topical would 

16 minutes ago, Chickennuggets95 said:

My main point was specifically in regards to does oral help work through shock loss just as topical would 

Shock loss isn’t really that common. Not heard of minoxidil  being used to prevent shock loss. + I’m not sure there’s really much to be done if it does happen, the hair will recover around 3 months later anyway from what I’ve seen.

I take oral minox 2.5mg (physician prescribed) with no issues. Get your labs checked and a visit to a cardio at some point isn't a bad idea either if you want to err on the side of caution. I don't mind the $0 copay either 🤑 Watch for side effects of course.