Hasson OR Wong? Is there a preference?

I am now considering Hasson and Wong for a FUE procedure.

I always hear them mentioned together almost as if they are one entity, but then I feel like I see lots more Hasson results posted than Wong.  Does anyone recommend one more than the other? Is it normal to request one of them for your procedure?

I’m sure both are great and highly accomplished, but it made me wonder if I should be requesting one of them to do my procedure. Or if my own personal factors such as FUE or being an advanced NW should come into play.

Thanks for any advice.

When I was doing my research, I found that the general consensus was that Hasson was known more for his skill in mega sessions and Wong was known for his skill in the Crown.

2 hours ago, Beepbeepbeep said:

Is it normal to request one of them for your procedure?

Initially on my first email from Doug, he said that Dr Wong reviewed my photos and determined I was a good candidate and he was willing to take me for surgery. I then asked if I could choose the surgeon and he said yes you can. I emailed back saying I would like Dr Hasson as my preferred surgeon and got a email back saying Dr Hasson reviewed my photos and then took my case. Worked for me.

2 hours ago, Beepbeepbeep said:

Or if my own personal factors such as FUE or being an advanced NW should come into play.

On one of my replies, they said Dr Hasson only does FUE, whilst Dr Wong does both FUT and FUE.

Edited by mister_25

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

You'd be in state of the art hands with either.

Dr Hasson is perfectly capable of producing a natural crown as is Dr Wong doing a Gigasessions when warranted. Both are some of the most experienced in the world with advanced Norwoods. If you'd feel more comfortable going with Dr Hasson because of many recent results posted that's perfectly reasonable. I'm getting an FUT with them so that was my decision made!

They’re both great.  I believe they differ somewhat in their hairline designs though.  Id personally go with the one who’s aesthetic vision you prefer.

Check out my journey here: