how much grafts would i need for this area?

roughly how much grafts for this area? i included a picture of my donor hair which idk if u need it or not. im 3 weeks into finasteride so some small baby hairs are likely to grow and the density should improve but other than that, roughly how much grafts do i need?

4A7913F2-DDEB-40B3-BD0B-0EE04DE0494F.jpeg

6F1FD4E0-8E16-4882-A441-40F5B8C33AE2.jpeg

5B62EA9C-546A-480B-A9B9-0D6712A4D8C5.jpeg

53F88EF5-E109-42C6-9673-8769F7C8FF19.jpeg

12 minutes ago, zenmu said:

roughly how much grafts for this area? i included a picture of my donor hair which idk if u need it or not. im 3 weeks into finasteride so some small baby hairs are likely to grow and the density should improve but other than that, roughly how much grafts do i need?

4A7913F2-DDEB-40B3-BD0B-0EE04DE0494F.jpeg

6F1FD4E0-8E16-4882-A441-40F5B8C33AE2.jpeg

5B62EA9C-546A-480B-A9B9-0D6712A4D8C5.jpeg

53F88EF5-E109-42C6-9673-8769F7C8FF19.jpeg

The first two pictures are not how a male hairline would look and you may be going too low and that would eat up a bunch of grafts. Easily over 2000 if not near 3000. That's a significant amount. 

How old are you?

Are you on any medication like Finasteride, Minoxidil etc.?

The truth is, depending on the above, maybe you could be a suitable hair transplant candidate but you need to re-adjust your hairline design by a bit. Realistically a bit higher and closer to the lowest part of the middle "island" as it were and then a wider flat U shape. Lowering a hairline for you with what looks like you're heading towards deeper Norwood 3 temple recession wouldn't be ideal.

• Like 1

The middle is definitely going a bit, and if you're as young as you appear that's not a great sign.  That said, you still have very strong hair and you're on preventative medication so that's good.  Your design is too aggressive and I think it would leave you with a bit too flat/low of a hairline.  If you temper it back a bit more I think somewhere in the 2200-2500 range could potentially give you a great result.  Given how strong your hair is, you need the transplant done very densely or you'll have a whispy, horrid lower hairline in front of all the rest of that good hair you have.  To actually do the design you're proposing densely enough would probably be just north of 3000 grafts.  I'm not saying my design is perfect, but I think something more along those lines might suit you better as time passes.  The most important thing that can be stressed to you is that if you do proceed with a transplant, you need to go to someone who produces dense, crisp hairlines.  Better to have the hairline be a tad higher and strong than lower and weak.

Screen Shot 2022-07-24 at 6.57.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-24 at 6.58.56 PM.png

Edited by John1991

5 minutes ago, John1991 said:

The front is definitely going a bit, and if you're as young as you appear that's not a great sign.  That said, you still have very strong hair and you're on preventative medication so that's good.  Your design is far too aggressive and you're going to end up having too flat/low of a hairline.  If you temper it back a bit more I think somewhere in the 2200-2500 range could potentially give you a great result.  Given how strong your hair is, you need the transplant done very densely or you'll have a whispy, horrid lower hairline in front of all the rest of that good hair you have.  To actually do the design you're proposing densely enough would probably be just north of 3000 grafts.

im 21 my hairline has been like this since 13 which is really early, yet it didnt get worse for 4 years when i was 17 and now it still hasn’t worsened so i dont know how my hair is going to be years from now but ive been on minoxidil since 17 so maybe it preserved it some? i just started oral finasteride.  ill do what you recommend and change the design, im sure 2500 grafts would look great and i can get another one if i need it

28 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

The first two pictures are not how a male hairline would look and you may be going too low and that would eat up a bunch of grafts. Easily over 2000 if not near 3000. That's a significant amount. 

How old are you?

Are you on any medication like Finasteride, Minoxidil etc.?

The truth is, depending on the above, maybe you could be a suitable hair transplant candidate but you need to re-adjust your hairline design by a bit. Realistically a bit higher and closer to the lowest part of the middle "island" as it were and then a wider flat U shape. Lowering a hairline for you with what looks like you're heading towards deeper Norwood 3 temple recession wouldn't be ideal.

ive mentioned i was on finasteride for 3 weeks. im 21, ive been on min since 17 ill probably change the design so i can do 2500 grafts

By no means is my graft count gospel, but I think it's a pretty good range.  I think the second profile pic you did (the one I suggested a different line for) was you sort of muddling together the front and side views in your head - hence the odd shape.  Given that you're 21, the bare minimum you should do is continue on meds for a few years and see how things go.  Adding Nizoral 2-3 times a week can also help thicken.

21 is absolutely without a doubt way too young to get a hair transplant. 

I am sorry nature has been so cruel to you, especially at an age when the vast majority of your peers do not have hairloss. 

But this is life and life is not fair. 

As hard as it may be, please learn some coping mechanisms, haircuts, fashion styles to live with your MPB until you are mid to late 20s. 

Any doctor who would entertain operating on a 21 yr old is going to butcher you. 

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 2

21 lol have you even finished university if you went lol . Way too young to be getting. A hair transplant . Fin for a year to see the direction your hair loss is going, but any ethical surgeon should not do a transplant on you yet till you see the direction of your hair loss and be on fin for a year atleast 

5 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

21 lol have you even finished university if you went lol . Way too young to be getting. A hair transplant . Fin for a year to see the direction your hair loss is going, but any ethical surgeon should not do a transplant on you yet till you see the direction of your hair loss and be on fin for a year atleast 

6 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

21 is absolutely without a doubt way too young to get a hair transplant. 

I am sorry nature has been so cruel to you, especially at an age when the vast majority of your peers do not have hairloss. 

But this is life and life is not fair. 

As hard as it may be, please learn some coping mechanisms, haircuts, fashion styles to live with your MPB until you are mid to late 20s. 

Any doctor who would entertain operating on a 21 yr old is going to butcher you. 

yeah fr it sucks, especially as my hair is nice besides the hairline, it messes up all my styles, my hair looks normal when its down but i just wanna experiment w my hair with a decent hairline 😭

also i appreciate the response, but what do you mean by butcher me though? a bosley transplant clinic near me which is pretty well known allows hair transplants on people aged 21+ 

10 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

yeah ive decided id wait till 23/24 atleast, tbh i just wanna have my hairline normal as soon as possible since ive never had it like that bruh 😭 and no i didnt do uni, i actually have my own business! and yeah ima be on fin for a few years first.

2 minutes ago, zenmu said:

but what do you mean by butcher me though?

overharvested donor, bad angles, plugs, too low hairline - there is ALOT that can go wrong with a hair transplant. 

Getting 1 botched HT can often take 3X the money, stress, and time to reverse the damage....

39 minutes ago, John1991 said:

The middle is definitely going a bit, and if you're as young as you appear that's not a great sign.  That said, you still have very strong hair and you're on preventative medication so that's good.  Your design is too aggressive and I think it would leave you with a bit too flat/low of a hairline.  If you temper it back a bit more I think somewhere in the 2200-2500 range could potentially give you a great result.  Given how strong your hair is, you need the transplant done very densely or you'll have a whispy, horrid lower hairline in front of all the rest of that good hair you have.  To actually do the design you're proposing densely enough would probably be just north of 3000 grafts.  I'm not saying my design is perfect, but I think something more along those lines might suit you better as time passes.  The most important thing that can be stressed to you is that if you do proceed with a transplant, you need to go to someone who produces dense, crisp hairlines.  Better to have the hairline be a tad higher and strong than lower and weak.

Screen Shot 2022-07-24 at 6.57.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-24 at 6.58.56 PM.png

i agree with this design. also, im so desperate for a normal hairline i wouldn’t even mind a thinner one since ive never had a normal hairline to begin tbh. but now that you mention it, i think i should be more cautious about where i go, thanks man

6 minutes ago, zenmu said:

yeah fr it sucks, especially as my hair is nice besides the hairline, it messes up all my styles, my hair looks normal when its down but i just wanna experiment w my hair with a decent hairline 😭

also i appreciate the response, but what do you mean by butcher me though? a bosley transplant clinic near me which is pretty well known allows hair transplants on people aged 21+ 

Dude, don't got to Bosley.  Where do you live?  I guarantee there is someone in that region of the world that's better than some local Bosley guy.

2 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

overharvested donor, bad angles, plugs, too low hairline - there is ALOT that can go wrong with a hair transplant. 

Getting 1 botched HT can often take 3X the money, stress, and time to reverse the damage....

hm.. i understand. tbh i was thinking it would be simple. get a transplant to make my hairline somewhat straight, continue meds, and get future transplants to maintain if needed 

1 minute ago, John1991 said:

Dude, don't got to Bosley.  Where do you live?  I guarantee there is someone in that region of the world that's better than some local Bosley guy.

oh i thought bosley was good. but yeah there is someone better i think as ive seen him recommended on here a few times.

his name is Dr. Gabel in Tigard Oregon. have you heard of him? 

hm.. i understand. tbh i was thinking it would be simple. get a transplant to make my hairline somewhat straight, continue meds, and get future transplants to maintain if needed 

Everyone thinks like that when they first think of. A transplant , it’s normal. But once you get into it , you see how many variables there are and how important it is to choose the right clinic. What your budget roughly and where are you based in the world 

Edited by sukh123

1 minute ago, sukh123 said:

Everyone thinks like that when they first think of. A transplant , it’s normal. But once you get into it , you see how many variables there are and how important it is to choose the right clinic. What your budget roughly and where are you based in the world 

That thought process he had may very well be doable, it's just that if he goes to a crap clinic to start he's going to be setting himself up for a repair right from the jump and then before you know it he's two transplants deep pre-25.

Just now, sukh123 said:

Everyone thinks like that when they first think of. A transplant , it’s normal. But once you get into it , you see how many variables there are and how important it is to choose the clinic. What your budget roughly and where are you based in the world 

the united states, $10k - $15k   

• Valued Contributor

You need to give Finasteride at least one year to see what it will do. It could take longer as it can take up to two years to see the full benefits of the drug. If a surgeon accepts you before your hair loss stabilizes as a patient that is a huge red flag to run a mile. Remember you need a hairline that you will grow into and not out of. In the years ahead of you it’s not just hair loss you need to think of but your donor also. It will change so you need a lifelong plan. Not just a plan for now. All the best. 

• Like 2

Europe your best bet wit that budget , bisanga and de Freitas would be very ideal for your case. USA I’d only go konoir personally , but he very expensive and would be about 20k 

Edited by sukh123

3 minutes ago, zenmu said:

Then you're viable as a candidate after you see that you're stable on fin.  I privately messaged you with a case that's quite similar (I think) to yours.  Check your inbox.  Good God man, don't go near Bosley.  Don't play roulette with your scalp.  Konior's great, but he charges $18000 for 1500 grafts FUT.  His prices are the steepest and there are other options - notwithstanding what "sukh123" says.

Edited by John1991

1 minute ago, sukh123 said:

Europe your best bet wit that budget , bisanga and de Freitas would be very ideal for your case. USA I’d only go konoir personally , but he very expensive and would be about 20k 

id rather not go to another country, i could afford that but id prefer not to, in the next couple years as i use fin ill do research on it and come to the best decision

2000 grafts w/Konior will run you around $24k...  The long wait would be appropriate for someone your age, but it's still a price that's unnecessary.  However great he is.

Edited by John1991

8 minutes ago, zenmu said:

id rather not go to another country, i could afford that but id prefer not to, in the next couple years as i use fin ill do research on it and come to the best decision

Then konoir in Chicago your best bet . Belive me when I tell you he’s worth saving up for and he will able to use less grafts from your donor and achieve great results. If your hair stays the same as it is now in a couple of years  , it’s got konoir written all over it. In america i wouldn’t  go to anyone else if your unwilling to travel .