Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

verteporfin causes skin to heal back normally with its appendages such as sweat glands and more importantly hair follicles, minoxidil is a growth stimulant that gives life to dormant follicles, maybe together they could work synergistically to regrow hair that has supposedly been lost for years maybe with some wounding mechanism. so basically the verteporfin could bring the hair back in its miniaturized state and the minoxidil could be used after to grow it back to thick terminal hair, provided that verteporfin regenerated hair in those areas is not already thick and terminal.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, NivoScars said:

I'm really feeling like it's wrong on Dr.Bloxhams path to not help us out at this stage. It's been 5 months and he hasn't even updated in text. 

It's really wrong and If someone knows of him please let him know

Why is it wrong, he’s doing this out of his own free will. He doesn’t owe anyone anything. He’s a hair transplant surgeon first and foremost, his duties are with his patients that pay him for surgery.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Why is it wrong, he’s doing this out of his own free will. He doesn’t owe anyone anything. He’s a hair transplant surgeon first and foremost, his duties are with his patients that pay him for surgery.

Exactly, he will share his updates whenever he feels like it. Unless we pay people to conduct research, we simply have to accept that the docs who are so kind to voluntarily do the research set the timelines. 

Is there anything known about when dr. Mohebi starts his trial? That will be a big deal, as will dr. Barghouthi's second trial. 

• Like 1

I think he's just working on it, He has four separate patients, he has to get the pics from all of them and then compile them into a video and upload it; all that takes time; He probably already has the four month pics or maybe he plans to go straight to month 5-6, if he didn't see any spectacular change/ difference in month 4 pics so he doesn't want to deflate our hopes. He might also be waiting to have at least one of them come into the clinic so he can record their results in person, so he can show the results better, or perhaps he's waiting for the trichoscope to arrive and he plans to do some trichoscopy analysis on one of the patients. 

Edited by takuma

2 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

It takes a minute to type something. 

Anything at all

He can really do that, especially since he has conducted the experiment.

If he hasn't done so in over 5 months, isn't that a little unfair towards us?

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, NivoScars said:

It takes a minute to type something. 

Anything at all

He can really do that, especially since he has conducted the experiment.

If he hasn't done so in over 5 months, isn't that a little unfair towards us?

No, he doesn’t owe you, me, or anyone anything. It’s not “unfair” because he’s doing this from his own free will. You’re not paying him. We’re not paying him. Im sure he will update us when he has the time. His duty is to his patients who pay him for their results. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 minute ago, Melvin- Admin said:

No, he doesn’t owe you, me, or anyone anything. It’s not “unfair” because he’s doing this from his own free will. You’re not paying him. We’re not paying him. Im sure he will update us when he has the time. His duty is to his patients who pay him for their results. 

I know that Melvin, I'm really greatfull for it

It's just that I think that it takes a second to do it.

However, l understand and deeply thank everyone who's helping the cause 

Rather than complain here, why not just give him a call? If he hears from us, maybe he will come forward since we are anxious to follow the state of the experimental outcomes. Feller and Broxham is the name of the group.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hairgain said:

Rather than complain here, why not just give him a call? If he hears from us, maybe he will come forward since we are anxious to follow the state of the experimental outcomes. Feller and Broxham is the name of the group.

Right and they're based in New York, it's not impossible to get a hold of them

1 hour ago, takuma said:

Super excited about HairDao's podcast with Dr Bargouthi... should be soon...they posted another tweet about it.

Screenshot_20231221-211546.jpg

Could this possibly contain our long awaited 5 month results update? 

Looks like they used the word “could” so it appears nothing has been proven yet.

16 minutes ago, Shesayshesay said:

Could this possibly contain our long awaited 5 month results update? 

Looks like they used the word “could” so it appears nothing has been proven yet.

5 month update? what 5 month update... Dr Bargouthi's first trial is already completed it's been completed for some time now, over a year i think.  Am i missing something?

I know that we're waiting for the 5 month update for Dr Bloxham's trial though.

35 minutes ago, takuma said:

5 month update? what 5 month update... Dr Bargouthi's first trial is already completed it's been completed for some time now, over a year i think.  Am i missing something?

I know that we're waiting for the 5 month update for Dr Bloxham's trial though.

Ignore me.. woops. I am new to all of this so may have gotten the doctors mixed up. 

What has Dr Bargouthi’s results been? Regrowth? I guess I’ll find out in the video …

On 11/20/2023 at 2:03 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

So tomorrow, I'm going to @Parsa Mohebi, MD, office to discuss the potential Verteporfin trial. I set him up with all the information available to get the brand name Visudyne shipped to his office. 

I'm thinking of making this meeting a podcast. Would you guys prefer this pre-recorded or live? 

Untitled design copy.png

This is simply incredible beyond words

Edited by takuma

12 minutes ago, Shesayshesay said:

Ignore me.. woops. I am new to all of this so may have gotten the doctors mixed up. 

What has Dr Bargouthi’s results been? Regrowth? I guess I’ll find out in the video …

Oh no worries, his results have been insane! from a glance it looks like 60-70 percent regrowth of the hair in the donor where the highest dose the 0.4 concentration was administered after the original follicles were extracted at the start of the trial

1 hour ago, takuma said:

Oh no worries, his results have been insane! from a glance it looks like 60-70 percent regrowth of the hair in the donor where the highest dose the 0.4 concentration was administered after the original follicles were extracted at the start of the trial

You’re actually scaring me by how much you’re exciting me by just reading this.

Please oh please let this be the thing that can end this soul sucking problem that is hairloss.

• Like 3

I would taper expectation with the FUT results. 

FUT removes significantly more tissue than with FUE so the healing potential with be less. 

If you cut off your arm, you could inject all the verteporfin you want and it still won't grow back. 

Having said that the 3 month results look promising. 

I reiterate, we only need Verteporfin to regenerate at least 30% of transplanted grafts and for it to work on transplanted hairs that are transplanted again and we can call it a cure. Hell, maybe only 20% if you have the money and time. 

Also I keep seeing people say that it looks like around 50% of the hairs grew back. Are people being conservative with this figure? I don't want to raise people's hopes but I have circled in the areas void of hair on Barghouthi's test subject. Can you find anywhere on the T zone where you could emulate those circles? I can't. 

To me it looks to be around 80-90% of the hair grew back. 

80% and over would be an effective cure. 

If you have 5000 grafts left an 80% regeneration  rate would mean you could get an additional 17K+ grafts. 

results.png

• Like 3

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Dragonsphere said:

I would taper expectation with the FUT results. 

FUT removes significantly more tissue than with FUE so the healing potential with be less. 

If you cut off your arm, you could inject all the verteporfin you want and it still won't grow back. 

Having said that the 3 month results look promising. 

I reiterate, we only need Verteporfin to regenerate at least 30% of transplanted grafts and for it to work on transplanted hairs that are transplanted again and we can call it a cure. Hell, maybe only 20% if you have the money and time. 

Also I keep seeing people say that it looks like around 50% of the hairs grew back. Are people being conservative with this figure? I don't want to raise people's hopes but I have circled in the areas void of hair on Barghouthi's test subject. Can you find anywhere on the T zone where you could emulate those circles? I can't. 

To me it looks to be around 80-90% of the hair grew back. 

80% and over would be an effective cure. 

If you have 5000 grafts left an 80% regeneration  rate would mean you could get an additional 17K+ grafts. 

results.png

I agree. 

View my thread

21 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I agree. 

Hi Melvin, could you mention this idea next time you speak to the HT conducting a trial. 

I don't believe anyone has yet to discuss the idea of how Verteporfin can be used to transplant and replant in the donor area with each round having a compounding effect until the donor area is fully restored. 

I am trying to temper my expectations but to me it already looks like a given that Verteporfin regenerated 30% minimum in this test subject. Now if it can regenerate hair that has already been transplanted, without even being hyperbolic, we could all become Brad Pitt with a few surgeries. 🧑‍🦱

Edited by Dragonsphere