I've narrow my research into two clinics - Dr. Bicer (Turkey) vs HDC (Cyprus). How do I continue from this point?

Hi

My research points me to these two clincs.

HDC Cyprus (which is actually Dr. Maras or Dr. Christina - I didn't decide yet) or Dr Bicer in Turkey.
I consulted them both and they both offerd two sessions and same amount of grafts +-.
Dr Bicer takes 2.5€ per graft while HDC it 2.2€ / 2.4€ (Dr Christina / Maras),
and for Dr Bicer I need to wait until June 2023 while HDC (both Dr. Maras or Dr. Christina) are available this November.
Isn't the fact Bicer's calender is much more busy tells me that she is better?

In my inexperience point of view, I don't see a big (or some) different in the results of this clinics,
so I ask myself what do I'm missing (why she's more busy)?
I don't care to wait almost a year for Dr Bicer if she realy worth it.. 

I need to choose one of the clinics and I don't know how to🤷‍♂️
btw, and if it HDC - so Dr. Maras or Christina?

P.S
I'm 33y/o and 6NW

4 minutes ago, Legal action and refund said:

Both are decent options. 

They are not elite but as far as I know they do solid work and are both good value. 

They’re both better than “decent”.

2 minutes ago, Harry2 said:

Although HDC isn't part of IAHRS?

Not sure about HDC being IAHRS member ?

But HDC is a good clinic for sure regardless of whether they are in the IAHRS. 

Be careful with IAHRS membership. 

It doesn't mean much...

There are good and bad doctors in the IAHRS. 

For example Hakan Doganay is IAHRS member but he is a notorious for being a bad doctor. 

Same goes for guys like Tayfun Oguzoglu, James Harris etc...Not all IAHRS members are good options. 

3 minutes ago, Legal action and refund said:

It doesn't mean much...

For example Hakan Doganay is IAHRS member but he is a notorious for being a bad doctor. 

Same goes for guys like Tayfun Oguzoglu, James Harris etc...Not all IAHRS members are good options. 

Who are you taking legal action agaisnt lol

9 minutes ago, Legal action and refund said:

It doesn't mean much...

I thought being IAHRS member is a "seal" that the specific Dr is some level above others.

50 minutes ago, Harry2 said:

I thought being IAHRS member is a "seal" that the specific Dr is some level above others.

Unfortunately no bro. 

IAHRS, ABHRS, ISHRS memberships mean absolutely nothing. 

Of course, doctors there know how to perform a surgery. It's the very minimal requirement. They are "safe" in that regard. 

However these organization are by no means a guarantee of quality. 

ISHRS is basically just a society that organizes meetings and conferences. Any hair transplant surgeon can become ISHRS member if they pay the membership fee. Not based on skills. 

ABHRS certification is just a basic exam. It means that you posess the basic skills to perform hair transplant. It doesn't mean you produce good quality results on a consistent basis...

IAHRS is simply Spencer Kobren's organization of doctors he is affiliated with. They pay for membership.  I generally like Spencer. He gives good advice and he's helped a lots of young folks. But sadly it's all business and  he accepts some bad surgeons in his "consumer reports" organization.  There are excellent ones and there are bad ones. I remember once calling Spencer during the Bald Truth Show and openly asking him "why do you accept guys like Doganay, Tayfun, Yaman ?". He told me "yeah but every clinic has bad results s*** happens in this industry man blablabla...."  

You should always look for real results and real reviews from independant patients like the ones on this forum. 

Look at Pinto and Couto for example. They are nowhere. No IAHRS, no ISHRS yet they are among the very best. 

Edited by Legal action and refund
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, Yan bio said:

Hdc has two doctors while bicer is only one, hence better waiting time.

Yes, you can see it that way.

However, actually, when you book a surgery you book for specific Dr with specific price and his own calender. So, you can ses it as you have three MDs. - Dr. Bicer available on June2023, Dr. Christina available on this November, Dr. Maras available on this November as well.

• Valued Contributor
17 hours ago, Harry2 said:

I'm 33y/o and 6NW

This should be your starting point when you have exhausted all other medical options and surgery is now a last resort. Searching for a hair transplant by cost and geography nearly always ends up in regret. I will say though that both choices do produce very good results and I am biased as I am a fan of Dr Bicer's results. But remember this. Your results are with you for life. Every time you look into a mirror you will see the results of how much research and patience you have put into a rather quick decision that can never be undone. If you could post some pics of your current hair loss situation it will also help us to get a better idea of your situation so we might be able to give you better advice. At 33 I would not be in the slightest concern about waiting for the best results. I ultimately waited 37 years and so far I could not be happier. In fact if anything my one big regret was pulling the trigger way too soon. All the best!

22 hours ago, Gatsby said:

This should be your starting point when you have exhausted all other medical options and surgery is now a last resort. Searching for a hair transplant by cost and geography nearly always ends up in regret. I will say though that both choices do produce very good results and I am biased as I am a fan of Dr Bicer's results. But remember this. Your results are with you for life. Every time you look into a mirror you will see the results of how much research and patience you have put into a rather quick decision that can never be undone. If you could post some pics of your current hair loss situation it will also help us to get a better idea of your situation so we might be able to give you better advice. At 33 I would not be in the slightest concern about waiting for the best results. I ultimately waited 37 years and so far I could not be happier. In fact if anything my one big regret was pulling the trigger way too soon. All the best!

Attached some pics.

About compromise and rush, I don't think I am. I did a reaserch and those are the clinics I think will be good for me.

IMG-20220706-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20220706-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20220706-WA0011.jpg

Get on Finasteride/Dutasteride immediately. 

Your have agressive hairloss. 

The evil little DHT is trying to take it from  Nw 5 to Nw 6. Be careful

It's creeping further down and has created an extra little bald spot and that bald spot is soon gonna connect with the rest. 

On 7/17/2022 at 12:49 PM, Legal action and refund said:

Get on Finasteride/Dutasteride immediately. 

Your have agressive hairloss. 

@HAIRLOSS IS MY LIFE
I Understand from clinics not to take any preserving medicine in the time before HT, No?

Does Finasteride is the only way to slow the hairloss? I've used Minoxidile in 2013-2016. But no Finasteride, mostly because its side effects.

Why do you say it's "aggresive" one? 

I don't see a lot of hair on my pillow at the morning or on the towel after taking a shower (for example).

Edited by Harry2