An honest consultation in Singapore - useful for Asia/Australasia based patients

IMM1979

This April I was in Singapore on business and went in to see Dr. Harold Ma at Freia Medical. While the consultation was on the pricier side, Dr. Ma did spend a good 90 minutes with me, showing me their results, and taking me through the process and various options. Though I had already booked my HT in Turkey a few weeks later, I had not yet paid a deposit and did want another opinion.

What I appreciated most was the surgeon's candidness with respect to results expectations and the use of medications. For example, he pointed out that the actual numbers of side effect suffers from finasteride was around the 8.5-9% level, not the low numbers marketed by the drug companies. Next, he was candid about the fact that patients with more aggressive hair loss (+ older) were more likely to see less benefit from using finasteride (and had case studies to back it up). Though he isn't against the use of the drug, he does offer oral minoxidil as an alternative and showed me different case studies with different combos (or no meds) used. 

If you ever find yourself in Singapore it is worth seeing him for a consultation.  I think this is probably most useful for those people based in Asia or Australasia. Not sure if they do online consultations, but below is the link to their website. 

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed link