Dr. Charles Boca Raton/FUE/1800 grafts

After much internal deliberation, several consults with other docs as well as internet research I have decided to go for the HT with Dr. Charles. Being actual local to him as well as many recommendations (including other medical professionals in the area) and another patient of his who’s the husband of my gf’s friend, it was a pretty easy decision. In addition, the Dr. and his staff have been nothing but professional and courteous. The procedure is mid July. I enjoy reading and looking at other’s results. Only fair I return the favor. To be continued! 

DEEF67D4-B673-4E52-838C-B81E3482FE5D.jpeg

9BF32C03-6A5D-43F7-9320-D5CAF307C32A.jpeg

70DC2AAF-D8E8-4CED-8392-4D12A15D65DD.jpeg

1 hour ago, Unbrokenlink said:

The procedure is mid July

don't judge a book by its cover but IMO its a red flag going to a doctor with only a 2 week wait list. Was this lucky and someone else cancelled and you got in, or his waitlist is really only 2 weeks?

Waitlists are like nightclub waiting lines - it might seem awesome if the line is short, but there is a reason (almost always negative) why people are not queuing up. 

another patient of his who’s the husband of my gf’s friend

really hard to judge off of one personal acquaintance, especially if this person's MPB or objective is not similar to your own

many recommendations (including other medical professionals in the area)

your primary care physician, dermatologist, nurse, physical therapist, optometrist, etc. probably know dogsh*t about good hair transplant docs 🤣

Sincerely wish you an amazing outcome, these are just my hot takes. 

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know...

I listened to a podcast a while ago with Melvin Lopez and Dr. Charles. 

Dr. Charles seemed like a great guy and competent. 

But recently there was a really bad case published on the forum.

Now we all know all surgeons have bad results. Nothing new. I am sure he has many good results since he is considered legit and has stood the test of time. 

But what really surprised me is the way Dr. Charles handled the situation. He was refusing to admit the bad result and was blaming the patients hair characteristics etc...while it was pretty obvious that the result was crap. 

Also I went to his youtube channel and he performed a surgery on Erik Coleman, a former NFL player. The result 2 years post surgery isn't much different from his situation before surgery. 

Again, I have nothing against Dr. Charles and this is by no means a post against him but I suggest you keep researching other surgeons too. There are interesting options in Portugal/Belgium/Spain. You should never limit your choice to 1 clinic.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

don't judge a book by its cover but IMO its a red flag going to a doctor with only a 2 week wait list. Was this lucky and someone else cancelled and you got in, or his waitlist is really only 2 weeks?

Waitlists are like nightclub waiting lines - it might seem awesome if the line is short, but there is a reason (almost always negative) why people are not queuing up. 

really hard to judge off of one personal acquaintance, especially if this person's MPB or objective is not similar to your own

your primary care physician, dermatologist, nurse, physical therapist, optometrist, etc. probably know dogsh*t about good hair transplant docs 🤣

Sincerely wish you an amazing outcome, these are just my hot takes. 

Im on his standby. He’s a coalition member and highly regarded from what I can see.  I don’t think Anything is guaranteed no matter who you go to!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, day of. Overall a very pleasant experience with his staff. Super friendly and knowledgeable. I’m glad the donor area is still well covered by my longer hair. Better than I had hoped!  We shall see how things proceed. 

866D98D4-2076-48A1-8A8B-EB9602A493DD.png

7EE0BF92-6021-4932-979A-C93B05D829DB.jpeg

E72F99AB-EF6A-4048-9A59-05A6413C87BD.png

• Administrators

I’ll be following your progress closely thanks for sharing 🙌🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Is there a reason this was a no-shave procedure?

It looks like Dr. Charles did a conservative hairline for you. Nothing wrong with that at all, but just curious, would you happen to know how many cm's the new hairline is from your glabella (i.e. eyebrows)?

On 7/20/2022 at 3:17 PM, HappyMan2021 said:

It looks like Dr. Charles did a conservative hairline for you. Nothing wrong with that at all, but just curious, would you happen to know how many cm's the new hairline is from your glabella (i.e. eyebrows)?

I don’t know. And I didn’t want to shave my head mainly. It’s keeping with my original hairline mainly. I just wanted more density in the front mainly. He went down the sides a bit as well. 

What I’m wondering, to those that have had the procedure, does it look like it’s 1800? I know the counter says it is. I def don’t see 1800 punctures where the transplants went I don’t think. But assuming 2/3/4 go in as well so it all adds up? 

On 7/20/2022 at 3:17 PM, HappyMan2021 said:

He did mention that he wanted to go a tad conservative in case future hair loss, so it won’t look worse years down the road 

• 2 weeks later...

Just about two weeks in. Some of the transplants have hair, but doc says they will most likely fall out. I feel the shape looks good. Just hope they aren’t too far apart and the fullness will be there once they grow, god willing!  He insists it will be fuller than it looks now. My dilemma is how to style hair with the stubble in front and long elsewhere. Lots of hats for a while!

For those who use topical fin/minox how soon after HT did you resume? 

B5D5A965-844D-4D09-920B-0CC8D3DD6DC2.jpeg

DD0284A4-635A-4A16-BE51-F00A2CC3EA9E.jpeg

C462E300-DF34-474A-896E-A73AE14C4448.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Unbrokenlink said:

My dilemma is how to style hair with the stubble in front and long elsewhere. Lots of hats for a while!

this is why long hair FUES are pointless. It is still obvious you've had work done and you will be concealing it the exact same way people with shaved FUES do 

19 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

this is why long hair FUES are pointless. It is still obvious you've had work done and you will be concealing it the exact same way people with shaved FUES do 

If you mean long hair, the transplants werent and I knew that. I just didnt want to shave what took me the last year and a half to grow!

• Administrators
20 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

I disagree, if you comb your hair forward you can disguise it easily. That said, I think shaving is the way to go, but it sucks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I disagree, if you comb your hair forward you can disguise it easily. That said, I think shaving is the way to go, but it sucks.

Yes luckily i have very wavy/curly hair that has a messy look

• 3 months later...
Just now, Unbrokenlink said:

Stimulate growth? 🫠🤷🏼‍♂️

if its anything like PRP then its just a frivolous way for the doctor to charge you more. 

I would love to be proven wrong, but I bet the laser cap won't move the needle. 

Paying and going to the doctor's office 3x a week seems like a big investment for a questionable treatment. 

3 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

if its anything like PRP then its just a frivolous way for the doctor to charge you more. 

I would love to be proven wrong, but I bet the laser cap won't move the needle. 

Paying and going to the doctor's office 3x a week seems like a big investment for a questionable treatment. 

Nothing like prp at all and it’s free, anyone can use it if they do HT can use it 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Patience is key, but have you spoken to Dr. Charles about the progress thus far? 

View my thread

Yessir. I’m actually there a couple times a week sitting under the laser. They all know me very well at this point!  Keep saying the same. Patience. It’s basically a year for full results but 6 mo I should see some. 19th of Jan is 6 mo mark. So I’ll see what happens over the next few weeks. Trying to be patient. 

• Administrators
Just now, Unbrokenlink said:

Yessir. I’m actually there a couple times a week sitting under the laser. They all know me very well at this point!  Keep saying the same. Patience. It’s basically a year for full results but 6 mo I should see some. 19th of Jan is 6 mo mark. So I’ll see what happens over the next few weeks. Trying to be patient. 

It has improved from your 4 month update. But I can understand why you would be feeling anxious. The laser therapy would definitely help. Have you tried oral minoxidil?

image.pngimage.png

View my thread