miniature hair and ht

I have a 1cm by 1 cm small area in frontal scalp right above my existing hair line with miniature hair iam having my hairline and temples done would i be able to have grafts placed in that area or not has anybody has HT done over or on miniature hair site dont want to be on meds etc.would it result in shockloss is it a good idea.thnaks posted in wrong sec before.

I have a 1cm by 1 cm small area in frontal scalp right above my existing hair line with miniature hair iam having my hairline and temples done would i be able to have grafts placed in that area or not has anybody has HT done over or on miniature hair site dont want to be on meds etc.would it result in shockloss is it a good idea.thnaks posted in wrong sec before.

pullmyhair,

Any time hair is transplanted in between and around natural hair, there is a risk of shock loss. If a lot of your hair is miniaturized, it may not grow back after the surgery. Of course, these hairs woudl have inevitably stopped growing in the near future anyway.

However, if you want any chance at recovering these hairs, consider getting on Propecia and using Rogaine several months to a year prior to surgery.

Best wishes,

Bill

yup totally possible. sometimes the doc will transplant hairs there so dense as if there was no hair to begin with, as theyll likely fall out, this is a safety measure. so if ur sure they are on their way out id go for it. hopefully it doesnt recede past that too much icon_razz.gif