Any suggestions on the number of graft required are welcomed.

Hey guys. I am currently just trying to get an idea of the number of grafts for my case. I am not planning to do HT in a year or so as i have started on Medications few weeks back. Just trying to get an idea of how much I require at my current state. (The current picture has hair length of nearly 2.5 cm). The crown in the last pic looks a bit more thin than usual because i just applied minoxidil to it before uploading. So it's a bit wet.

IMG-20220629-WA0000.jpg

IMG_20220629_223914.jpg

IMG20220630005844.jpg

IMG_20220701_002246.jpg

IMG_20220701_002313.jpg

IMG_20220701_002359.jpg

Edited by Adier

Diffused thinning with the potential of losing it all.  Everything is at risk.  And, unfortunately, you have not submitted a photo of the back of your head.  I would encourage you to consider a medical regimen to help you with retention.  The good news, you seem to have a lot of miniaturized hairs which could actually thicken up. Propecia, Rogaine, PRP and Laser are the modalities we refer to when dealing with this condition.  They work in different ways and there seems to be synergy when combined.  Do them all for a good year and take photos in the interim.  A year later, based on the results, you can decide if the cost and time spent are worth it.  Transplants pending outcome.

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

@LaserCapsI have started with Finasteride and topical Minoxidil couple weeks ago. The HT industry seems to have conflicting opinions on PRP and laser though. I will consider prp may be. I have uploaded the donor area pic.

17 hours ago, Adier said:

@LaserCapsI have started with Finasteride and topical Minoxidil couple weeks ago. The HT industry seems to have conflicting opinions on PRP and laser though. I will consider prp may be. I have uploaded the donor area pic.

I think about the Old, Old West, when discussing PRP.  Every man for himself.  Since there is no regulatory agency, providers have not congregated to discuss the topic nor share ideas.  Moving forward with PRP in sessions does not work. It implies doing a syringe size worth of PRP, a few injections, and repeat in the ensuing months.  So, if you hear the word "sessions," run in the opposite direction.  There are far more effective ways of doing this.

Regarding Laser therapy, there are now knock-offs of knock-offs.  Some have duration of only a few minutes per day.  There were two studies done on this subject recently.  It was determined you can do 15 minutes every day or 30 minutes every other day for the most efficacy. 

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

21 hours ago, Adier said:

Hey guys. I am currently just trying to get an idea of the number of grafts for my case. I am not planning to do HT in a year or so as i have started on Medications few weeks back. Just trying to get an idea of how much I require at my current state. (The current picture has hair length of nearly 2.5 cm). The crown in the last pic looks a bit more thin than usual because i just applied minoxidil to it before uploading. So it's a bit wet.

IMG-20220629-WA0000.jpg

IMG_20220629_223914.jpg

IMG20220630005844.jpg

Based on the image showing your hairline area, you are Grade 2A on the Norwood Hamilton Scale of baldness.

You shall require:

Frontal zone: 1500 grafts approximately

Temples: 200 grafts each approximately

Mid scalp and crown: medications

Since you have started finasteride and minoxidil, it can be very beneficial for you. As you have decided to wait a year before you get a transplantation procedure, it is sufficient time for you to see the results of the medications also.

@Eugenix Hair SciencesYes surely. If the thickness improves well on the scalp to a better degree that much can carry for 2 years. The recession doesn't bother me a lot as when styled properly it doesn't look bad it's thinning that is worrying me. If it improves to a good level in the next 6-12months i am more than satisfied. Thank you for the response. Appreciate it.

• Like 1