Lifting heavy object 8 weeks post-op. I am concerned.

Hi my friends, 

I am concerned about lifting 4 pcs heavy equipment which weighs approximately 250kg two days in a row 2 months after my FUE DHI.

I work in company supplying medical equipment and I had to install 4 pcs laminar boxes. 

6-7 people were involved including me in lifting and bringing it into the building. Idk how many kg I lifted as the equipment's weight is not distributed evenly.

Among my clinic's post-op instructions I saw that waiting 1.5 months for heavy sport was enough, that's why I thought it was no issue but after bringing it inside , I felt some heavy sensation and pressure on my recipient area. I think I also felt every incision made on my recipient area. It passed after some time but then I regretted lifting it. It was the first time I did such thing post-op. 

Is it normal after 8 weeks that I have unpleasant feeling on my recipient area when I lift heavy object, if not why is it allowed to do heavy sports at this time post-op?

Do you think after 8 weeks grafts can be somehow affected or moved if I lifted a heavy object because of strain ? 

Everytime I make a mistake and then realize that it was a bad decision. Never thought before my HT, I will struggle and there will be so many mistakes. 

Can someone share his experience if you also went through similar situation and what was the outcome at the end?

Your honest replies will be highly appreciated. Thank you for being part of this network and replying everytime I ask.

Edited by Urmat
Added some more info.

Different doctors have very different opinions regarding heavy lifting/training after surgery. Some say it's fine after even one week, some say two weeks or one month. 1,5 month seems very strict. I seriously doubt heavy lifting after two months can have any impact on your results. 

• Thanks 1

If the wound margins are affected, the scar can stretch. This typically applies to FUT procedures. It is advisable not doing weightlifting exercises that affect the neck for 6 months. You can do push-ups, leg presses, etc. Aerobics ok after 7days. Ask for a written copy of the post op instructions just to confirm what the clinic suggests. Some doctors are more conservative than others.

• Thanks 1

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

18 minutes ago, im_not_a_robot said:

Different doctors have very different opinions regarding heavy lifting/training after surgery. Some say it's fine after even one week, some say two weeks or one month. 1,5 month seems very strict. I seriously doubt heavy lifting after two months can have any impact on your results. 

Thanks for your answer. 

I also thought that it was no problem until I felt a heavy sensation on my recipient area maybe because of strain and big amount of blood coming to scalp veins . At that time I did not pay too much attention because of work but now I am concerned that it may result in some unwanted outcome like slightly moving the grafts or something else which I don't know. 

33 minutes ago, LaserCaps said:

If the wound margins are affected, the scar can stretch. This typically applies to FUT procedures. It is advisable not doing weightlifting exercises that affect the neck for 6 months. You can do push-ups, leg presses, etc. Aerobics ok after 7days. Ask for a written copy of the post op instructions just to confirm what the clinic suggests. Some doctors are more conservative than others.

Thanks a lot for paying attention and answering. 

They sent to my whatsapp instructions right after the procedure saying light exercises after 3-4 weeks and heavy ones after 1.5 months. That's why I felt comfortable lifting up heavy object.

But I wonder why unpleasant feelings still occur on the scalp after 8 weeks while heavy lifting. Don't they indicate that something bad is happening to the scalp and grafts ?

Edited by Urmat

Your recipient area is completely safe by then regardless of it getting redder from blood rushing there or not. Unless you’re literally bashing your head into objects or burning it in the sun, you’ll be fine 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Urmat said:

Hi my friends, 

I am concerned about lifting 4 pcs heavy equipment which weighs approximately 250kg two days in a row 2 months after my FUE DHI.

I work in company supplying medical equipment and I had to install 4 pcs laminar boxes. 

6-7 people were involved including me in lifting and bringing it into the building. Idk how many kg I lifted as the equipment's weight is not distributed evenly.

Among my clinic's post-op instructions I saw that waiting 1.5 months for heavy sport was enough, that's why I thought it was no issue but after bringing it inside , I felt some heavy sensation and pressure on my recipient area. I think I also felt every incision made on my recipient area. It passed after some time but then I regretted lifting it. It was the first time I did such thing post-op. 

Is it normal after 8 weeks that I have unpleasant feeling on my recipient area when I lift heavy object, if not why is it allowed to do heavy sports at this time post-op?

Do you think after 8 weeks grafts can be somehow affected or moved if I lifted a heavy object because of strain ? 

Everytime I make a mistake and then realize that it was a bad decision. Never thought before my HT, I will struggle and there will be so many mistakes. 

Can someone share his experience if you also went through similar situation and what was the outcome at the end?

Your honest replies will be highly appreciated. Thank you for being part of this network and replying everytime I ask.

It is okay to lift heavy objects in your case. You are 8 weeks into the hair transplantation procedure. That is enough time to properly heal the recipient and the donor areas.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

It is okay to lift heavy objects in your case. You are 8 weeks into the hair transplantation procedure. That is enough time to properly heal the recipient and the donor areas.

Many thanks.👍

• Like 2

Who knows why you felt it.  But you can be reasonably sure that your grafts were not effected.  At 2 months, they are VERY safe.  I’d still probably avoid very rough trama to the area like say non stop hitting a soccer ball with your head.  Other than that, you should be absolutely fine.

• Thanks 1

Check out my journey here:

11 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

Who knows why you felt it.  But you can be reasonably sure that your grafts were not effected.  At 2 months, they are VERY safe.  I’d still probably avoid very rough trama to the area like say non stop hitting a soccer ball with your head.  Other than that, you should be absolutely fine.

Thank you.

I've checked your journey and your result is amazing. You paid a good price. For such cost , the result must be as you have now. I paid only 1450 USD lol but the price was with discount, normally it costs $2000, let us see what the result will be with a cheap clinic. It was cheap because it was performed by techs in Istanbul but I hope they are experienced enough. 

I am more concerned about my post-op mistakes (like lifting up heavy object after 2 months if it is a mistake of course, letting someone hold my recipient area firmly for about 5-10 minutes after 2 months. This case was described in a separate topic). 

I am just paying extra special attention to everything that might have had a negative impact on my grafts. I am just so afraid of damaging my grafts. I am afraid that I may go crazy before I reach 6 months because of being under excessive stress. 

Edited by Urmat