Dr. Charles Boca

I was considering him as he comes recommended of course on here and has a lot press all over. But, after reading a recent members post of a terrible experience, I am very hesitant. Who here has real personal experience with him that can provide some feedback? Tyia!

Again hard to comment on this...

Like I said my previous posts, Dr. Glenn Charles is a well respected surgeon in the hairloss community with a significant experience in the field and a good reputation. 

I'm sure he's made many patients happy throughout the years and changed their lives for the better. 

The reality of the hair transplant world is that bad results happen all the time even with the best clinics although they are statistically minimal...

Like I always say hair transplant is a huge lotttery and always russian roulette to some degree unfortunately even with the reputable docs.... 

What upset me though is the way Dr. Charles handled the 12 month post-op follow-up....

I was really surprised by his answers to that patient...

Seems like he was trying to blame him instead of admiting the poor result and trying to work on finding a solution (repair or refund)...

I mean we are all human and even Cristiano Ronaldo sometimes misses a penalty...

Also he should have never performed surgery if he knew the result would turn out that poor...

His attitude seemed really questionable...

Again he is considered a good doctor for a good reason therefore we have to give him the benefit of the doubt and we will see his reply in callmebob2021's thread...

We will see. Let's hope for the best. 

Edited by A homerun is a botched job

I had an FUT with Dr. Charles about 12 years ago and my results have been great. I'm going to get an FUE for my crown with him soon. I've had friends and relatives who have gone to him and their results were great and there was nothing unethical about his behavior. 

Do you live in Florida? From a 10,000 ft view of the hair transplant world, no doctors in Florida are really that great... 

However, if you must get a HT in florida then sure Dr. Charles seems to be the most recommended Florida doctor at the moment (again take that for what its worth as no Florida doctors are really "elite")

You should also check out Dr. Jeffrey Epstein in Florida as another option. He's gotten a fair amount of flak on the forum recently, but I think that's just because he shares the same name as an infamous criminal

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Do you live in Florida? From a 10,000 ft view of the hair transplant world, no doctors in Florida are really that great... 

However, if you must get a HT in florida then sure Dr. Charles seems to be the most recommended Florida doctor at the moment (again take that for what its worth as no Florida doctors are really "elite")

You should also check out Dr. Jeffrey Epstein in Florida as another option. He's gotten a fair amount of flak on the forum recently, but I think that's just because he shares the same name as an infamous criminal

I believe Dr. Epstein was taken off the recommended list by Pat, the owner, due to unethical behavior. That's what was posted earlier as well. I have heard of some instances of unethical behavior by Dr. Epstein as well from some other recommended surgeons because I was looking into getting a transplant with Dr. Epstein originally. I will say in the interest of openness and fairness that I ended up having my FUT surgery with Dr. Charles 12 years ago and am very happy with my results. He's an elite coalition member on here, which is the highest honor bestowed on surgeons here. I don't think people are judging Dr. Epstein based on his name. That would be extremely stupid to do. 

@Melvin- Moderator, has there been any update on this?

Edited by Cantstandya