Best Product for my situ

I'm currently 2 months post op and in the doldrums phase icon_frown.gif

As you can see from my photos

http://hair-restoration-info.c...=962101092#962101092

I opted to keep the hair longer behind the recip and brush it forwards and slightly to the side to cover the redness etc.

This works a treat until I step out on a windy day, when a sudden unexpected blast of the balding man's worst friend can give the whole game away.

Can any of you guys suggest a product that will kep the frontal combover in place without clumping the hair together. It seems I get the best volume when its blow dried and product free which obviously isn't good in the wind. I've tried clay and hairspray and both make the hair stick together at the front exposing the recip.

Any advice guys?

I'm currently 2 months post op and in the doldrums phase icon_frown.gif

As you can see from my photos

http://hair-restoration-info.c...=962101092#962101092

I opted to keep the hair longer behind the recip and brush it forwards and slightly to the side to cover the redness etc.

This works a treat until I step out on a windy day, when a sudden unexpected blast of the balding man's worst friend can give the whole game away.

Can any of you guys suggest a product that will kep the frontal combover in place without clumping the hair together. It seems I get the best volume when its blow dried and product free which obviously isn't good in the wind. I've tried clay and hairspray and both make the hair stick together at the front exposing the recip.

Any advice guys?

Fookinhair,

That's a tough one. But have you considered just cropping your hair down relatively short and save the combover?

I think in the end, no matter what product you use, a strong enough wind is inevitably going to win.

Perhaps others can share their thoughts and experience on this one.

Bill

I saw an article recently saying that the 60's mop was back which is basically a comb forward type look. The article was trying to sell hair product but they suggested using mousse while the hair is wet then blow-drying. This is supposed to make it look natural but give better hold and volume. (I haven't tried it out yet but worth a try in your case I reckon.)

Originally posted by imissthebarber:

I saw an article recently saying that the 60's mop was back which is basically a comb forward type look. The article was trying to sell hair product but they suggested using mousse while the hair is wet then blow-drying. This is supposed to make it look natural but give better hold and volume. (I haven't tried it out yet but worth a try in your case I reckon.)

Thanks man. My hair stylist recommended this product so I'm giving it a bash. http://www.fudgehair.co.uk/cat...ge/Fudge-Pump-Up.htm