Potentially alergic to anaesthetic

Whenever I get dental work done, afterwards I get extreme headaches. One time it lasted two weeks and I had to check it with neurologist. I've tried asking dentist to give me different type of local anaesthesia and I didn't get a headache after the treatment. Could I be potentially allergic to one of the ingredients? Since hair transplants require like 20 injections of anaesthetic, could I die from it? Is there any testing for allergy from local anaesthic ingredients that can be done?

Excuse my english, not my main language.

Just tell the clinic you may have an allergy to a certain anesthesia. Try to find out the specific allergy if possible. I'm certain the hair transplant clinic can accommodate you. 

I really wouldn't overly worry about this. Seems like a straightforward solution, and nothing that will make you ineligible for hair transplant surgery. 

You very well could be allergic to a specific ingredient, and the best thing to do would be to discuss this with your surgeon. They'll likely be much knowledgable about what those possibilities are and what alternatives they would have for you. It's why they always ask about allergies anytime you go to the doctor, so if you mention a potential allergic reaction to anesthesia, they may know how to work around that and which different ones they could use. 

As a side note, as part of my "cover story" after my hair transplant, I told people that I had a small surgery and had an allergic reaction to the anesthesia that caused my scalp to break out and therefore had to wear a cap until it cleared up. 😜 In hindsight, I think it would've been just as easy to be honest about the hair transplant, but it was a viable story at the time that worked like a charm. Lol.  

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56