Failed transplant? 8 months so far - what to do

This will probably get you banned here ^^

It's no better than when a doctor only offers a refund or touch-up if someone removes a bad review. It ruins the integrity of the forum tbh

I didn't say mention this forum, and also only if they refuse a refund - this result is horrid & OP should be compensated

Sadly a lot of companies - including ones I've worked for will only make an effort when their public image has the potential to be tarnished

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gatsby said:

@ReesGill you are doing all the right things medically being on minoxidil and dutasteride to stabilize your hair loss. 👌On a positive note, as has been noted, I wouldn't call this a complete 'botch' that we see regularly on this forum (mostly from Turkish shills). I would definitely be telling this clinic what you think about this when you are in touch with them next, but I know already what they are going to say (wait until 12 months, wait until 18 months, etc). To be honest it doesn't even look like 1,100 grafts were utilized, let alone 2,200 grafts. My best guess is that your transection rate was high due to poor quality techs extracting and handling the grafts. It could even be the holding solution, etc. Be that as it may, if you do a search on here, you will find a ton of repair cases for the exact situation you are in right now. Spend lots of time researching on here and there is no such this as a stupid question. I'm a repair case myself of the highest order so I know how you must be feeling. Wishing you all the best mate and thanks for sharing!

What’s your knowledge of RU58841? I’ve heard that’s another game changer but ofcourse complicating the matter further and it is experimental at the moment - when the transplant was first done it looked great, covered was full and I was happy with everything but stuff happens hey. Thanks for the message, still got a while yet until full results but as someone said earlier it wouldn’t hurt to look and get consultations now.

have a good one 👌

57 minutes ago, ReesGill said:

What’s your knowledge of RU58841? I’ve heard that’s another game changer but ofcourse complicating the matter further and it is experimental at the moment - when the transplant was first done it looked great, covered was full and I was happy with everything but stuff happens hey. Thanks for the message, still got a while yet until full results but as someone said earlier it wouldn’t hurt to look and get consultations now.

have a good one 👌

MorePlatesMoreDates and Haircafé have discussed RU58841 in depth. 

It's a bit overhyped honestly. Just like any other oral or topical anti androgen, it won't grow hairs out of nowhere. 

But it's a good adjunct treatment if you are on on oral 5AR inhibitor in the first place. It can wipe out some remaining androgens in the hair follicles and sometimes thicken up some existing hairs that are miniaturized. 

Dutasteride + RU58841 + oral minoxidil is probably the strongest stack for hair maintenance that a man can use without risking feminizing sides. 

I believe its efficacy is comparable to topical Finasteride/Dutasteride. 

It's very inconvienient to prepare and mix, you never know what you could be getting from those shady websites that sell it. Like I always, they can sell plain flour instead of RU. You never know....

5 minutes ago, hope everything is nova said:

MorePlatesMoreDates and Haircafé have discussed RU58841 in depth. 

It's a bit overhyped honestly. Just like any other oral or topical anti androgen, it won't grow hairs out of nowhere. 

But it's a good adjunct treatment if you are on on oral 5AR inhibitor in the first place. It can wipe out some remaining androgens in the hair follicles and sometimes thicken up some existing hairs that are miniaturized. 

Dutasteride + RU58841 + oral minoxidil is probably the strongest stack for hair maintenance that a man can use without risking feminizing sides. 

I believe its efficacy is comparable to topical Finasteride/Dutasteride. 

It's very inconvienient to prepare and mix, you never know what you could be getting from those shady websites that sell it. Like I always, they can sell plain flour instead of RU. You never know....

Guess if I get a dodgy one I can come back to you all in a years time and explain the benefits that flour has on a hair transplant, you’re welcome

thanks for the message mate, one of those things knowing I’m doing all I can to help prevent it puts me at ease, if all of this fails I’ll shave and SMP as I enjoy my shaved head look ( see attached) 

0B961914-9F4B-4ED6-831C-0C754935CEFC.jpeg

it's likely its almost your finished result... so you can do a do over ont he area to fill in the area or do SMP and shave.

tbh, i think you look good bald with facial hair like your last photo, so hair or no hair, i think you can rock the look.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 10:25 PM, ReesGill said:

Hi all, first time posting here

i got a hair transplant October 18 2021 from hairgrowthcentre_ at their Manchester based clinic, since then I have been on oral minox 2.5mg daily and dust 0.5 mon/wed/fri since June 2021

i can style my hair well without giving away my not very full transplant however I’m worrying that it’s failed and that I might have to go down the route of a second one. Any advice would be amazing thank you

i had 2,200 grafts placed and no complications post surgery

79C9D7B7-5BB3-46DE-B395-DFB0E1295E0B.jpeg

37E62DD9-F298-4D4D-BE65-4F52ED99F7EC.jpeg

5959CC14-9C1C-4215-AEC4-C9788F2362A2.jpeg

1F6C7655-1A9D-443B-AB11-5994CD86C6D9.jpeg

5E269229-7A08-445F-A983-289919871BE2.jpeg

You should wait until 12 months for the full growth to be seen. Then you can think of going for another procedure. It can easily be done.

• Like 1

Good news is you don't have much hairloss at all mate ! 

And you caught it early with Dutasteride. That is the most encouraging part. 

Your hairloss isn't very agressive to be honest.  You have still perfect density on the midscalp and crown. 

Chances are it'll stay the same for many years possibly decades if you stay on Fina/Duta. 

You are currently Norwood 2 (not even a Norwood 3 yet)  so it's just a matter of doing a ton of research, finding the right surgeon and getting it done.

As for RU, kaneshop or anageninc are generally where Kevin Mann and Derek get their RU. So I assume these are the most reliable sources...But again some claim it has a poor molecular stability etc...Give it a try if you want. But like I said, it is just a complementary treatment to oral Dutasteride. Certainly not a long term substitute. 

Maybe fluridil (topilutamide) is a slightly better option. 

Good luck

I had a botched job too

I suggest you do a couple consultations with the best doctors, your case can be solved, atleast you have enough options to do so.

You would look great with the SMP, just sayin. Its something I intend to do - completely reversing the HT and doing a SMP & move on w life.

15 hours ago, ReesGill said:

Guess if I get a dodgy one I can come back to you all in a years time and explain the benefits that flour has on a hair transplant, you’re welcome

thanks for the message mate, one of those things knowing I’m doing all I can to help prevent it puts me at ease, if all of this fails I’ll shave and SMP as I enjoy my shaved head look ( see attached) 

0B961914-9F4B-4ED6-831C-0C754935CEFC.jpeg

buzz cut swits you well to be honest

21 hours ago, mafpe said:

it's likely its almost your finished result... so you can do a do over ont he area to fill in the area or do SMP and shave.

tbh, i think you look good bald with facial hair like your last photo, so hair or no hair, i think you can rock the look.

Good to know I’ve always got options which is nice, but when hair goes well nothing beats it hey - thanks for the help

20 hours ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

You should wait until 12 months for the full growth to be seen. Then you can think of going for another procedure. It can easily be done.

Yeah I’m definitely giving it more time before I decide anything, things could improve even though doesn’t look likely but just more patience, thanks mate

• Like 1

20 hours ago, hope everything is nova said:

Good news is you don't have much hairloss at all mate ! 

And you caught it early with Dutasteride. That is the most encouraging part. 

Your hairloss isn't very agressive to be honest.  You have still perfect density on the midscalp and crown. 

Chances are it'll stay the same for many years possibly decades if you stay on Fina/Duta. 

You are currently Norwood 2 (not even a Norwood 3 yet)  so it's just a matter of doing a ton of research, finding the right surgeon and getting it done.

As for RU, kaneshop or anageninc are generally where Kevin Mann and Derek get their RU. So I assume these are the most reliable sources...But again some claim it has a poor molecular stability etc...Give it a try if you want. But like I said, it is just a complementary treatment to oral Dutasteride. Certainly not a long term substitute. 

Maybe fluridil (topilutamide) is a slightly better option. 

Good luck

Yeah it could be a hell of a lot worse so got to be thankful for that haha. Yeah I’m going to see how well RU works for me but if not alot then I’m alright to drop it. Yeah I saw those links but decided to go with receptorchem after hearing good things about theirs

ill give fluridil a read into. Thank you

17 hours ago, SimpleLife said:

I had a botched job too

I suggest you do a couple consultations with the best doctors, your case can be solved, atleast you have enough options to do so.

You would look great with the SMP, just sayin. Its something I intend to do - completely reversing the HT and doing a SMP & move on w life.

Sorry to hear about the botched job, I have a guy who’s had one (maybe two) hair transplants and just recently got SMP and he looks so much better after the SMP so it could definitely be the way forward hey

goodluck mate

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Good you can suit a buzz cut well!  

Do you have any symptoms such as itching/burning on the scalp?  These are typical of Lichen Planopilaris (LPP) - which can impact HT results.